Main Menu

The Joy of (Tyranny) Rex

Started by credo, 11 July, 2013, 02:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 11 July, 2013, 08:34:54 PM
I'm sure Devlin Waugh is returning in the Meg with Pete Doherty on art; I think this was on the Forthcoming Thrills thread a while back but can't be arsed looking for it now...

...he says, promptly going to look for it here:

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,35334.780.html

Sideshow Bob

Thanks Mark,
I'd just finished reading your previous post and was going to start trawling my way through the Forthcoming Thrills page...
When I found you'd posted a link... :D
Cheers..
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

I, Cosh

It's a while since I've been in the old Wednesday Night Chat but I'm sure John had two Devlin stories in the works. At least one of which he reckoned would need to be reworked quite a bit in light of Day of Chaos. By his own admission, he's not the fastest writer either.

I'm quite keen for another Strange & Darke story myself.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Cosh on 11 July, 2013, 09:26:38 PM

I'm quite keen for another Strange & Darke story myself.

Defo, if only cos as a none Meg reader it would bring us closer to a trade.

The Adventurer

I never quite understood what Tyranny's motivation was. She's an artist, who uses extreme problem solving as her artform?

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Dog Deever

Quote from: The Adventurer on 11 July, 2013, 09:59:21 PM
I never quite understood what Tyranny's motivation was. She's an artist, who uses extreme problem solving as her artform?
hmmm. I think...
"She's an artist, who hops from one job to another whilst never actually getting any art done" maybe.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

robert_ellis

I had fun binding all the Tyranny Rex stories & pin-ups into one volume.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjqTVcmVb7c
I really liked the character in the early steve dillon/will simpson episodes. Having a shared universe with Indigo Prime was a huge plus. I think the story suffered from too many ideas - reptilian art terrorist is probably enough strangeness without the whole nun thing. Had Mark Buckingham finished the art on his story i think the character might have had more success. I'd love to see her employed again by Indigo Prime...

Frank

Quote from: The Adventurer on 11 July, 2013, 09:59:21 PM

Most girls who describe themselves as artists or actresses also seem to have a real job which pays the bills. The process of admitting that they're actually a waitress, PA, or inter-dimensional mercenary who acts/sculpts as a hobby doesn't seem to take effect until their mid-thirties.

Kev Levell

Shameless, and I mean shameless self promotion here, this was a commission I did for Rob E of these parts a good long while ago now:

blog posting for ref

I'd love to see more Tyranny in the prog, and I'd like to draw her too! Happy to do commissions of Tyranny for anyone who has the inclination.

Dandontdare

That is a beautiful pic! Love the our price bag and the name of the club.

we don't see enough of you round here Kev, those lego pics went down a storm.

Emp

I love the way Zenith looks like Charlie Sheen :D

Kev Levell

Quote from: Dandontdare on 12 July, 2013, 10:23:48 PM
That is a beautiful pic! Love the our price bag and the name of the club.

we don't see enough of you round here Kev, those lego pics went down a storm.

Thanks for the kind words DDD. Fatherhood, pure and simple has meant there's not enough free time for frivolities like the forum as much as there used to be! I'm glad the Lego commissions that Stront 71 had were well received too!

Thanks Emp, no similarity to the M'Sheen was intended but I like that too now you mention it!

credo

Totally love the Zenith pic.

I agree that there was a definite over abundance of ideas in the early Tyranny stories. It seemed to move from concept to concept without ever really settling. I loed it anyway, but I did always feel like it was going through a settling in period and trying to find the ideas that worked best.

I'd love to know more about J. Smith's thinking during her development, and what he thinks of her looking back.

robert_ellis

I'd love to see the fabled John Hicklenton version - if it was anything like his nemesis stuff I'd have loved it x

The Adventurer

Just a random general question to those who might know... have there been any Tyranny Rex stories in Zarjaz?

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK