Main Menu

Wendy James news

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 02 September, 2004, 02:19:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddboy

Oh sorry, here's the other one!http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/Music/9903/02/blondie/link.debbie.harry.jpg">
Better set your phaser to stun.

Max Kon

Noah Angel

YIKES!!! Although...

Hey c'mon. I know that a lot of the older boarders among you would admit that if your mates mam looked as good at that age you would wouldn't you.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Now that's how to necropost.  I'd just like to remind everyone that she used to drink in my small- town irish local when she was over learning to ride horses, but sadly I was too young to go in and meet her.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JohnW

What? Nothing new in Wendy James news?
But it's been days.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

JayzusB.Christ

I hear you.  Doesn't anybody care?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

nxylas

There's an interview with Ian Gibson in the latest ComicScene which mentions Ms James:

QuoteSB. Halo obviously transcended comics into popular culture with Songs (Hanging out with Halo Jones by Transvision Vamp and  Stage shows etc.  What was your favourite part of that and did you as the artist find yourself with an amount of celebrity that you didn't have before?

IG. I think my favourite part was meeting the little blonde girl from Transvision Vamp, Wendy James, I think her name was. I was feeling a bit down as I'd just got divorced and given my ex a new house and a new car and still had to pay alimony. And Wendy's response was: 'She can take all your money. But she can't take your talent!' Which was a very mature attitude for someone so young. Pity she couldn't sing! ;)

Kind of a dickish thing to say, IMO, but I'm only reporting what was written.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

GordonR

What a lovely anecdote. Starts off with embittered divorcee whining and ends with needlessly insulting the professional abilities of the person who was being nice to him.

nxylas

Quote from: GordonR on 18 May, 2023, 09:17:14 AMWhat a lovely anecdote. Starts off with embittered divorcee whining and ends with needlessly insulting the professional abilities of the person who was being nice to him.
And I thought it quite telling that he chose to praise her for her "maturity" rather than her kindness. She may be young, but she knows a brilliant artist when she sees one!

JayzusB.Christ

'The little blonde girl from Transvision Vamp.'  I guess being a brilliant illustrator doesn't necessarily mean you can't be a bit of a muppet now and again.

Wendy comes out of this story looking cool and sound, Ian does not.

nxylas

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 18 May, 2023, 01:57:30 PM'The little blonde girl from Transvision Vamp.'  I guess being a brilliant illustrator doesn't necessarily mean you can't be a bit of a muppet now and again.

Wendy comes out of this story looking cool and sound, Ian does not.
Sadly, the whole interview has lowered my opinion of him. I don't know if he's always been like that, I don't recall having read a lengthy interview with him before.

JayzusB.Christ

Me, posting in 2004: 'I know this is a whimsical, throwaway thread topic that'll be forgotten in a few days. But if I wait 19 years.. '

Speaking of Halo-Jones-related 90s pop, does anyone remember a band called Halo James? I remember the singer talking about the inspiration for the band name. I'm paraphrasing slightly but: 'I think he's some kind of cool guy that goes round blasting aliens.' Spug off, nonscrot.

JohnW

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 18 May, 2023, 02:24:13 PMMe, posting in 2004: 'I know this is a whimsical, throwaway thread topic that'll be forgotten in a few days. But if I wait 19 years.. '
Nineteen long years you watched hungrily...waiting...waiting...for someone to awaken the sleeping thread.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Funt Solo

QuoteIG. I think my favourite part was meeting the little blonde girl from Transvision Vamp, Wendy James, I think her name was. I was feeling a bit down as I'd just got divorced and given my ex a new house and a new car and still had to pay alimony. And Wendy's response was: 'She can take all your money. But she can't take your talent!' Which was a very mature attitude for someone so young. Pity she couldn't sing! ;)

That reminds me of the time I met that little artist boy from Robo-Hunter, Ian Gibson, I think his name was. I was feeling a bit down as my ex-husband had two-timed me, embezzled our shared finances and used the proceeds to buy a flashy car. And Ian's response was: 'Men are just like that - it's part of their hot-blooded, exciting nature - but at least you're probably capable of snagging another if you play your cards right.' What a very typical attitude for an old, hairy bloke. Pity he can't be arsed drawing backgrounds anymore!

++ A-Z ++  coma ++