Main Menu

Strontium Dog reprints...

Started by Steve Green, 01 August, 2004, 11:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Hi,

I managed to pick up a few old progs recently which had some old SD strips and wondered if there was any market/plans for some SD reprints or collections?

Considering the amount of other material out there, there doesn't seem to be much SD stuff.

Is there any chance of seeing some of the multi-parters, like the Ragnorak Job, Outlaw, The Killing, Rage etc. either collected or in the Meg?

Cheers

Steve

W. R. Logan

I'm sure that SD is going to be collected from The Galaxy Killers forward as part of the new DC deal.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Oddboy

There's been a few Stronty reprints in the Megazine already - if you can find them, keep an eye out for:

Meg 214: The Galaxy Killers

Megs 3.64-3.67: Journey into Hell

Megs 3.70-3.71: Death's Head

Megs 3.68-3.69: The Schicklegruber Grab

Meg 3.78: The Bad Boys Bust

Meg 3.79: The Gronk Affair

Meg 4.09-4.10: The Kid-Knee Caper
Better set your phaser to stun.

Steve Green

Thanks,

I remember three of the ones you mentioned in the Meg, but not the others - guess my memory must be going...

I look forward to see what comes out of the DC deak though...

Cheers

Steve

JamieB

If all goes to plan, complete SD reprints should start some time in '05.

J-Bo-1

Trout

Good news!

Please accept an early vote for Ragnarok/Rage, and, because I've only read bits, Outlaw.

Also, I'd enjoy the King Clarkie/ Vera Duckworth wedding story again, should it be reprinted in the Meg.

"Duck o' Windsor." Hyuck.

- Trout

The Amstor Computer

Don't think you'll need to vote if Rebellion/DC are going to be doing complete reprints...

Silly Trout ;-)

Grant Goggans

Starlord episodes as well, by chance?

--Grant

JamieB

Sadly not, as we don't own copyright. GALAXY KILLERS ---> the new stuff, basically.

J-Bo-1

paulvonscott

Titan could probably do it if they licensed it from DC.  The onlky Stront reprint they did (originally) was some of the old Starlord ones.  I wouldn't buy it unless it was complete (with annual and special stories.  Could be worth suggesting to Titan if they really are interested, and Rebellion don't mind.

ukdane

Who owns copyright to Starlord stuff then? I'd have thought it was absorbed into 2000ad when the two merged.
Cheers

-Daney

starscape

IPC (thus DC comics) own Starlord.

Link: http://www.starscapecomic.co.uk" target="_blank">Starscape - Valiant for the 21st Century!

Oddboy

So if it's DC owned already, then what's the problem of a 'DC/Rebellion' publication?
Better set your phaser to stun.

The Amstor Computer

I didn't realise DC owned IPC. How did this come about?

Odds - one other problem in reprinting may be that the source (films, original art, whatever) is no longer available. It's 20-odd years since any of this stuff was published, and the only reprint that was ever done was for the SD collection that Titan brought out in the 80s. It's entirely possible that the original material has been destroyed or lost.