Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radbacker

Total War Troy

Well at least it was free, I really liked 3 Kingdoms and have an absolute obsession with the Total War Warhammer games(over 1000 hours on WH2) but this one just seems pretty meh.  I've only put a few hours into it so far so I might find myself enjoying it more iirc I found 3 Kingdoms pretty average to begin with but ended up enjoying it quite a bit but I really do like the whole War of 3 Kingdoms era and have never really been into the Iliad era stuff.  I'm also a bit disappointed you don't have the option to run a mythological campaign where your legendary units (centours, Giants and Minotaurs) are actual monsters rather than just guys dressed up, it shouldn't have been that hard for them to offer two ways of playing the campaign like they did with 3 Kindoms (historical where your generals are just generals and you troops tire realistically and then Romance mode where you generals are absolute beasts who can take on whole units by themselves and your troops can run more without getting fatigued as easily).
Like all Total War games it is gorgeous to look at and sounds spectacular.
Roll on Warhammer 3 please

CU Radbacker 

pictsy

I've been trying out Legends of Runeterra, Riot Games Digital Card Game (or whatever they call them).  I'm still in the grind to unlock the basics stage.  I've got a feeling that this game might be even more predatory towards getting me to dump stupid amounts of money to even get close to the stage of having fun.  I'll give it a chance until it pisses me off.  There's no way I'm dumping money on a Free to Play game anyway.

I don't think it is quite as intuitive as Hearthstone, but I prefer some of the mechanics.  It occupies more of the ground in between Hearthstone and MTG.  I do prefer MTG.

repoman

I've got TLOU2 ready to go but I've got a mental block around actually starting it.  Like I know it'll rob three whole days of my life because it is so long.

Recently played;

UFC4 - more of the same really but good.
Zero Strain - enjoyable but messy top down shooter that should be twin-stick but isn't.
West of Dead - twin-stick shooter with the pace of a strategy game.  Too bugged.
Lost Wing - reasonably good into-the-screen endless runner thing (with no running, not endless either).  A dodge 'em up basically.
#Funtime - a fun twin-sticker but not up there with Geometry Wars 3.  Good though.

repoman

Oh... and I reinstalled Red Alert 2 on my PC.  Fired up a skirmish against three medium enemies and it was a grand old time.

pictsy

I have continued playing Legends of Runeterra and I have found the grind.  There doesn't appear to be any skill matching in the game so, when I play against other people, I come across a brick wall of superior cards - either because they have been playing longer or have dumped money on them.  It doesn't leave many gameplay options open to me and it is starting to piss me off now.

It is a shame.  Like Hearthstone, it has solid gameplay and I do like playing CCG.  Actually, I like making decks and trying them out.  But if I am going to pay money for a CCG then I want physical cards.  Dropping that kind of money on something ethereal and unsubstantive leaves a sour taste in my mouth. 

Woolly

If you haven't already done so, I'd give Gwent a go. It's free to play, and alot of fun.
Almost the same as it is in the Witcher 3, but with more card types  :thumbsup:

pictsy

Thanks for the recommend, I'll have a look at it :)

I have never played any of the Witcher games, so I don't know what to expect ;)

Quote from: Woolly on 23 August, 2020, 10:58:58 AM
If you haven't already done so, I'd give Gwent a go. It's free to play, and alot of fun.
Almost the same as it is in the Witcher 3, but with more card types  :thumbsup:

The Doctor Alt 8

Quote from: Smith on 16 September, 2018, 02:24:12 PM
Finished Dragon Age Origins + Awakening.Good stuff.

That was the first computer game I ever completed. I have  huge soft spot for the series. Its a great game.... And there is going to be a Dragon Age 4...

Apestrife

Finished Astral Chain on Switch last night. Really like it's "demon on a chain" gameplay mechanic. Impressed by how well it controls. Alot of times it really felt like "anime: the game". Only flaw I can think of would be the end boss not being very epic. Otherwise probably my favorite game by Platinum games actually! :)

Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrSxuUrUhrQ

Colin YNWA

Very much enjoying Warlock of Firetop Mountain on the ol' Switch its such fun. Nice simple combat system and very well designed so that the repeated play through this type of thing demands are never a chore. I see that other games from the series have been released, but not for the Switch - but damn do I want them.

Its also got me hackering after Talisman - based on the old Games Workshop board game. As soon as that has a decent mark down I'm so there. Will someone make Blood Bowl next please.

Oh and we finally relented got an online account and Fortnite for the boy child ... oh ... its not fun ... and I will not be playing it ... no sir I have a back log of games to get through... so will... not ... be .... playing .... that....

repoman

Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning - a PS4 remaster of the best RPG ever made.  It's basically Skyrim but with infinitely better combat and some colourful, varied locations.  Suffers a bit from being an RPG in that there's LOTS of side quests and it all gets a bit samey but that's the genre.  Still plays fantastically though.

Remnant from the Ashes - it's basically Destiny but in a much more drab world.  Occasionally looks like Fallout or Resi 5.  Quite enjoyable in co-op but would be pretty tedious played solo.

Keef Monkey

Finished off Rogue Trooper Redux in the early hours after getting sucked back in this week. I've lost track of how many systems I've bought RT for and how many times I've played through it, but I always enjoy another trip to Nu Earth. The remaster isn't particularly extensive so it'd probably feel dated to someone coming to it for the first time, but as a 2000AD fan it still holds up for me. They did such a good job of capturing the comics and it's easily for me the best toothy game we've ever had. Find myself humming the theme tune often.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 06 September, 2020, 09:40:30 AM
Finished off Rogue Trooper Redux in the early hours after getting sucked back in this week. I've lost track of how many systems I've bought RT for and how many times I've played through it, but I always enjoy another trip to Nu Earth. The remaster isn't particularly extensive so it'd probably feel dated to someone coming to it for the first time, but as a 2000AD fan it still holds up for me. They did such a good job of capturing the comics and it's easily for me the best toothy game we've ever had. Find myself humming the theme tune often.

Not a played this in a good while- might be my next game to play once I'm finished Sniper Elite 4.
I agree how good this is for a toothy fan - an ABC game of similar feeling would be good for the fanboys
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Days Gone

Started it this morning. Any good?
Lock up your spoons!

repoman

It gets brilliant but it takes 20-30 hours to get there.