Main Menu

Dreddful dreams

Started by exilewood, 18 June, 2011, 02:43:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Misanthrope

Just before the last Dredd film came out, I dreamed that mean machine was in it and he looked rubbish. The end of the film had a report coming through about a load of judges escaping from titan, and Dredd said:

"Great. Judges with grudges."

Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

O Lucky Stevie!

Stevie hasn't dreamt of Dredd per se, but has at remove in a series of recurring dreams that he's had since he remember.

These dreams involve searching for the latest prog. He scours a multitude of newsagents in a vast, crowded multistory shopping centre. The layout of this shopping centre doesn't involve right angles, following sinuous curves &  right angles taking him both upstairs & underground instead. He doesn't locate the progs he's seeking but instead leafs through progs that his dream self has already read. Progs a-shimmer with thrills such as Brendan McCarthy's fully painted Slaine.

One night he flicked through a copy of Battle featuring a Tharg strip by Ian Kennedy promoting IPC's forthcoming new weekly 2000ad.

A variation of this is searching for SF digests or novels in a library with similar architecture.

When Leatherjack was printed in the prog Stevie clocked one look at the Arkhive & immediately recognised it.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

SmallBlueThing

Similarly, ive often found myself in a labrynthian dream comic shop, which has a ground floor much like fp's original shop in denmark street. Therein, i am shocked to discover hundreds of progs that i dont have, with a few minutes to go til closing time and a pocket stuffed with cash, it then becomes a race to get a complete run of 'missing ones'. For some reason i always leave empty handed.
SBT

Dandontdare

Not Dredd related, but whenever I used to have that typical dream of being chased or trying to hide from something scary and finding my legs don't work or knowing that my hiding place is going to be found, it was always Daleks. Haven't had that for a while but they still give me the willies.

Or they used to before they became day-glo plastic.

vzzbux

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 25 June, 2011, 04:20:14 PM
Similarly, ive often found myself in a labrynthian dream comic shop, which has a ground floor much like fp's original shop in denmark street. Therein, i am shocked to discover hundreds of progs that i dont have, with a few minutes to go til closing time and a pocket stuffed with cash, it then becomes a race to get a complete run of 'missing ones'. For some reason i always leave empty handed.
SBT
Not 2000ad related but very similar.
I am working and find loads of Star Wars figures/ships (I am talking masses) in abandoned gardens but have no means of collecting them thus missing out on the find. I wouldn't say it's a recurring dream but I have had it a number of times.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Ignatzmonster

In a droid related dream I had while reading Nemesis, I dreamt that I was the agent of an artist who made his money by drawing like Kevin O'neil. He wasn't as good as O'neil but he was faster and that was where my angle was apparently. I remember looking over his shoulder while he drew Mek-Quake and thinking it was missing something, that he should move on stylistically, but that I wouldn't be able to get him the kind of business he was used to if he did.