Main Menu

Request To Rebellion: Non 2000AD Graphic Novels

Started by seanharry, 09 July, 2013, 11:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seanharry

Quote from: Dandontdare on 11 July, 2013, 06:30:01 PM
Quote from: seanharry on 11 July, 2013, 12:02:45 AM
And I assume that Rebellion must hold the rights to Time Quake; that was another Starlord strip that made the jump to 2000AD, but without the success that Strontium Dog and Ro-Busters were to enjoy.

Don't think so - i think that was solely in Starlord - only the 2 strips crossed over.

Time Quake did cross over to 2000AD for a brief period, but failed to make anything like the impact that Strontium Dog and Ro-Busters made with 2000AD readers.

So I'm assuming that Rebellion could put out a Time Quake album at some point, featuring both the Starlord and 2000AD material.

Dandontdare

I stand corrected (as the man said on the way out of the orthopaedic shoe shop)

Robo-K33F

Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 10 July, 2013, 10:29:29 PM
I understand Egmont own the rights to all the Fleetway/IPC stuff Rebellion didn't get, with the exception of Dan Dare.

Any of us could theoretically license it from them. If we do, let's start with Scream!

Free vampire fangs with issue 1 please.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Dash Decent on 10 July, 2013, 11:28:56 PM
When you publish it, I'll buy it.  Here's the scans to help you out:

http://www.backfromthedepths.co.uk/gallery.htm

What's slightly remarkable (to me) is that the 1986 Holiday Special has not one but two stories illustrated by Dave Gibbons that — judging by the style and figure work — must have been sitting in the IPC inventory files for about a decade!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Skullmo

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 13 July, 2013, 10:31:43 AM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 10 July, 2013, 11:28:56 PM
When you publish it, I'll buy it.  Here's the scans to help you out:

http://www.backfromthedepths.co.uk/gallery.htm

What's slightly remarkable (to me) is that the 1986 Holiday Special has not one but two stories illustrated by Dave Gibbons that — judging by the style and figure work — must have been sitting in the IPC inventory files for about a decade!

Cheers

Jim

They were too scary to print!
It's a joke. I was joking.

maryanddavid

Quotemust have been sitting in the IPC inventory files for about a decade!

Since about 1973! I did a bit if digging on this when I was looking to do another Scream collection a few years back. Gibbons did it as one of his first jobs for IPC, Dez Skinn proposed a new horror comic called Chiller, which eventually ended up as the the Buster Spooky annuals . These Dave Gibbons stories that ended up in Scream, would appear to have been produced for that.