Main Menu

Warhammer: Mortal Realms

Started by NapalmKev, 01 February, 2020, 10:23:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NapalmKev

I wasn't going to bother with this collection as I'm only really interested in the Undead models but I can offload most of the Humans to another collector, so here we go...

Part one comes with a ridiculous amount of goodies for £2.99.

3 Sequitors, which have very detailed bases. These will be painted as Golems and not Golums as I misspelt on another thread... my precious.

10 Chainrasps which are sort of a cross between a Skeleton and a Ghoul. Stunning models with a lot of detail but I may try a different colour scheme for some of them. A couple of Fire Wraiths are just what the Doctor Dungeon-Master ordered!

There's also a booklet with a bit of Lore and instructions on building the models. A ruler and game mat with six dice and a poster.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

NapalmKev

Issue 2 is twice the price of the first issue with around half of the contents.

You get 4 Myrmourn Banshees which are larger than Chainrasps and have an ethereal quality to them. Great looking models which will fit nicely into a Heroquest Campaign I'm creating. As I've said before the actual tabletop Battle stuff doesn't interest me.

The booklet contains the usual build notes plus small features on the Banshees, Nagash - God of Death and some other stuff.

You also get a pot of Corax White and a paint brush.

Cheers

Gary James

Quote from: NapalmKev on 01 February, 2020, 10:23:40 AM
These will be painted as Golems and not Golums as I misspelt on another thread... my precious.

You're tempting me to write a Warhammer/LotR crossover, and I'm not going to be drawn in. Nope. No siree.

Quote from: NapalmKev on 01 February, 2020, 10:23:40 AM
There's also a booklet with a bit of Lore and instructions on building the models.

Does it contain new text, or is it repurposed from elsewhere?

TordelBack

The Banshee really are great models, two of them in particular are brilliantly animated. However, I just couldn't bring myself to get Issue 3 - I've no use for those silly crossbows and I'vw plenty of gold paint around the place.

I was going to get Issue 4 for the Mortis-looking chaps, the playmat and the paint, but it turns out that there's a pot of said Nihilakh Oxide in limbo in one of my long-delayed WH40K deliveries.

See what turns up later, but that may be it for me. Really enjoyed building the 17 models I got for very little money, though, and I feel like I have some idea of the Sigmar setting now (the map was handy).

NapalmKev

Quote from: Gary James on 01 February, 2020, 11:13:21 AM

Does it contain new text, or is it repurposed from elsewhere?

I cannot find any citations within so my best guess would be that the text pieces are taken from the respective Codex of each faction. I don't follow the actual Lore too deeply as I tend to use the models for different games.

Quote from: TordelBack on 01 February, 2020, 11:57:38 AM

I've no use for those silly crossbows...

Me too! I don't like the design and haven't the inclination to either customize or write them into a campaign. They will be passed on, post haste!

As well as the three unwanted Castigators you also get a Gryph-Hound, which I will be keeping. Who activated that statue that is now chasing me around the Map? Bastards!

You also get the Booklet with a bit of text regarding the Heroic Hosts which are basically the historical equivalent of WH40K Space Marine Chapters. Also features Hammers of Sigmar and a guide on using ranged support in battle. You also get a pot of Gold paint.

Cheers

Leigh S

yeah, one and two were great value - actually found the "undercoat" in issue 2 really useful for painting over some Heroclix figures I am using for Mega-Citizens!

3 I am skipping, but 4 is tempting, though I feeel I have that oxide paint..., which might make it less of a good deal

NapalmKev

Issue 4 comes with a Battle mat, a pot of Nihilakh Oxide and 4 GlaiveWraith Stalkers.

The Stalkers are really nice models and instead of them all being generic Goons, two of them have a bit of backstory. One a dead Warlord the other a dead Outlaw; Both cursed to forever serve Nagash, or something.

Elsewhere in the booklet we have the Sacrosanct Chambers which is a fancy word for Wizard. The NecroQuake, where Nagash and some Skaven have a bit of trouble which ends up affecting everyone. Some other text pieces and the usual build notes/painting guides and rules on movement in the game.

Issue 6 (advertised on back) has some of the best looking Undead designs I've ever seen. The level of detail, especially on the Thorny one, really is incredible.

Cheers

TordelBack

Mmmm, those lads in Issue 6 do look nice. Must... resist...