Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abelardsnazz

There's more than enough Durham Red to complete the third Strontium Dogs volume, so wonder whether they'll be a second Durham Red volume, possibly including The Scarlet Apocrypha?

sintec

Quote from: Max Headroom on 30 March, 2022, 08:40:12 PM
Couldn't these two more series as well as 'Inbetween Days' (Prog 2182) be the basis of a second book; bringing us right up to date? (Or am I missing something important here?!)

Inbetween Days is one of the two more series. With just the 2 series it'd be a slim volume but not unprecedently so.

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 31 March, 2022, 07:44:39 AM
There's more than enough Durham Red to complete the third Strontium Dogs volume, so wonder whether they'll be a second Durham Red volume, possibly including The Scarlet Apocrypha?

We know Strontium Dogs vol 3 is going to be the Hogan run so his Durham Red stories will presumably be in there. Is there still enough left after that? 

I guess there's a couple of full length stories from Worleyand the Scarlet Apocrypha is ~50 pages so yeah that probably is a books worth. There's a gap between Strontium Dogs 3 (116) and Mean Arena (118) it'd sit nicely there. Hmmm yeah maybe.

The Monarch

so war machine is as we suspected from the creator credits the war machine and glimmer rats packaged together split up by a whole bunch of one off friday stories including enfleshlings. the poster prog story and the judge dredd crossover

Hackenbush

Quote from: The Monarch on 31 March, 2022, 06:25:02 PM
so war machine is as we suspected from the creator credits the war machine and glimmer rats packaged together split up by a whole bunch of one off friday stories including enfleshlings. the poster prog story and the judge dredd crossover

That sounds good. I would love to see a list of the one-offs. There was some nice art from kevin walker and chris weston on a couple of the stories in the Rogue trooper annual so I am curious if those ones made it in.

Richard

It seems crazy to reprint the Hogan stories, when they are not highly regarded and there are so many better alternatives.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Richard on 31 March, 2022, 08:52:46 PM
It seems crazy to reprint the Hogan stories, when they are not highly regarded and there are so many better alternatives.

Oh one persons opinion does not make it so. I love the Hogan and Hughes stories, particularly Metrobolis which was superb. Rian Hughes art was just spot on for the series. It was a real palette cleanser after the Miller years.

Hackenbush

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 31 March, 2022, 08:55:57 PM
Quote from: Richard on 31 March, 2022, 08:52:46 PM

Oh one persons opinion does not make it so. I love the Hogan and Hughes stories, particularly Metrobolis which was superb. Rian Hughes art was just spot on for the series. It was a real palette cleanser after the Miller years.

That's Robo-Hunter. I hope the teased samantha slade volume has the hogan / hughes stories as well. I was really disappointed when I bought the robo hunter droid files 2 and these stories were reprinted in black and white.

Richard

I was talking about Strontium Dogs.

abelardsnazz

It would be good to see the Hogan/Hughes Robo-Hunter in the collection, however I suspect it's a very distant possibility.

IndigoPrime

Well, that's not too shabby. My ideal book would have been War Machine + Tor Cyan, but I recall the Fr1day/Dredd strip was fairly good, am keen to re-read Glimmer Rats, have long wanted War Machine in HC, and will happily check out John Smith's weirdness again.

Dark Jimbo

so War Machine is as we suspected from the creator credits: The War Machine and Glimmer Rats packaged together, split up by a whole bunch of one off Friday stories including Enfleshlings, the poster prog story and the Judge Dredd crossover

Well you know, I think that's gone from a 'skip' to a 'buy' for me. Always wanted to read Glimmer Rats.
@jamesfeistdraws

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Tomwe on 29 March, 2022, 11:58:01 AM
Jimbo, care to share your list?

111 - Strontium Dog: Repo Men
112 - ABC Warriors 7
113 - ABC Warriors 8
114 - Strontium Dogs 1
115 - Strontium Dogs 2
116 - Strontium Dogs 3
117 -
118 - Mean Arena 1
119 - Mean Arena 2
120 -
121 - Cradlegrave
122 - Brass Sun 1
123 - Brass Sun 2
124 -
125 -
126 - Finn 1
127 - Finn 2
128 -
129 -
130 -
131 -
132 - Rogue Trooper: War Machine
133 -
134 -
135 -
136 -
137 - Sin/Dex 4
138 - Sin/Dex 5
139 - Sin/Dex 6
140 - Sin/Dex 7

12 gaps there. We also know that the following are coming, but not which volume numbers they'll be:

Devlin Waugh
Blunt
Necronauts
Samantha Slade
Blackhawk
Revere
Leviathan (probably in the same book as Necronauts)
@jamesfeistdraws

sintec

That matches my list. Pretty sure Necronauts will be in the same vol as Leviathan. And I reckon Revere will be 120 and will probably be backed with Slaughterbowl.

Jade Falcon

Damn, the last book that came into my newsagents was Mean Arena volume 1, I hope that's not going to be a miss, Smiths have been fairly good with practically no problems.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Swerty

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 04 April, 2022, 01:16:20 PM
Quote from: Tomwe on 29 March, 2022, 11:58:01 AM
Jimbo, care to share your list?

111 - Strontium Dog: Repo Men
112 - ABC Warriors 7
113 - ABC Warriors 8
114 - Strontium Dogs 1
115 - Strontium Dogs 2
116 - Strontium Dogs 3
117 -
118 - Mean Arena 1
119 - Mean Arena 2
120 -
121 - Cradlegrave
122 - Brass Sun 1
123 - Brass Sun 2
124 -
125 -
126 - Finn 1
127 - Finn 2
128 -
129 -
130 -
131 -
132 - Rogue Trooper: War Machine
133 -
134 -
135 -
136 -
137 - Sin/Dex 4
138 - Sin/Dex 5
139 - Sin/Dex 6
140 - Sin/Dex 7

12 gaps there. We also know that the following are coming, but not which volume numbers they'll be:

Devlin Waugh
Blunt
Necronauts
Samantha Slade
Blackhawk
Revere
Leviathan (probably in the same book as Necronauts)

Wasn't there talk of 2 Dredds,Deadworld,Harry 20 & another Slaine