Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Mega-City One - TV show announced!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 10 May, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smith

Which Im sure all the journos on twitter would get as a satire.

judgeurko

no more updates? Lets all admit this ain't gonna happen

IndigoPrime

Or: let's admit that if you dig into anything about TV production, you'll know that it's quite normal for shows can take years to get off the ground, and that's likely even more the case when we're in the middle of a pandemic.

Hawkmumbler

It took Chase and Gandolfini nearly 10 years to get The Sopranos off the ground, even after selling it to a major network. The pilot was filmed two years before broadcast, the first season wasn't commissioned until a year after that. These things do, as IP says, take time.

judgeurko

judgeurko

IndigoPrime

Still doesn't mean anything when most shows gestate for years before they appear! Still a pandemic on! TV studios still finding anything up to a fifth or more of their budgets are spent on COVID!

von Boom

It's only been four years. It's not uncommon for shows and films to languish for a decade or more.

Funt Solo

Quote from: judgeurko on 19 August, 2021, 04:26:55 PM
no more updates? Lets all admit this ain't gonna happen

Quote from: judgeurko on 13 October, 2021, 10:59:02 AM
Still nothing!

Couldn't wait the whole two months, huh? See you again for more thrilling reportage in December.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

sheridan

judgeurko

judgeurko

Quote from: sheridan on 14 October, 2021, 06:59:09 AM
Quote from: judgeurko on 20 August, 2021, 04:00:16 PM
I admire the optimism. I really do...

The admiration isn't showing.
is it not? I said I admire the optimism. Me thinking this wont get made doesnt make my admiration any less.

IndigoPrime

Tales from Development Hell by David Hughes is a good book for a reality check on this kind of thing. It digs deep into the reality of filmmaking, and shows the increasingly absurd productions of certain key properties. TV is little different. Some things will be rushed to market. Others will take a decade, with many changes along the way. Y: The Last Man is a case in point — the show took years to come to fruition, had major changes in direction and team, and only just made it to the screen to be immediately cancelled.

The Dredd TV show might happen or it might not. Given Rebellion's attitude towards things, its intense desire and its impressive level of ambition, I veer more towards will than won't. But the duration of pre-production time wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary in normal times, let alone during a pandemic.

judgeurko

2022 arrives. Still no update. Oh well it was a good idea at least.