Main Menu

New Rogue Trooper Film!!

Started by Beeks, 15 July, 2018, 06:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trooper McFad

What age bracket would be best to show the brutality of Nu earth I'd prefer an 18 but to pick up a new audience it might have to be a 15 or possibly a 12A! I don't think they need to use today's profanities but could easily add in the strips terminology "synth out" etc. Which should help the rating be lower.
Looking at the standard of violence on Deadpool they could still get away with a lot in a 15.
On what I'd like to see : sentary Turrets and Rogue traversing a couple of zones on what ever story they pick.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

sheridan

Quote from: credo on 17 July, 2018, 10:37:09 AM
but the Southers sought to conduct their war using what are basically slave soldiers.

Did they?  Don't remember that storyline?

sheridan

Quote from: I, Cosh on 17 July, 2018, 10:38:17 AM
Just make the whole thing an adaptation of Fort Neuro and I'll go twice.

Glad I'm not the only one who loves Fort Neuropa!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: sheridan on 17 July, 2018, 12:47:02 PM

Did the GIs choose to fight...?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Greg M.

For the want list: stammels. I demand stammels.

sheridan

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 17 July, 2018, 01:00:24 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 17 July, 2018, 12:47:02 PM

Did the GIs choose to fight...?

Ah, I see - I'd read the original statement as possibly being about conscription.

Steve Green

It's not something I picked up on as a kid.

The Space Spinner guys were talking about the South and that Brett Ewins cover with Rogue in chains, and he's a different colour, property of the military etc. there's a lot of other stuff there, beyond the chem clouds and biowire.

Cosier

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 17 July, 2018, 12:17:19 PM
What age bracket would be best to show the brutality of Nu earth I'd prefer an 18 but to pick up a new audience it might have to be a 15 or possibly a 12A! I don't think they need to use today's profanities but could easily add in the strips terminology "synth out" etc. Which should help the rating be lower.
Looking at the standard of violence on Deadpool they could still get away with a lot in a 15.

I think 12A or 15 would be for the best. If you make an 18 film, you're basically losing the teen market straight off the bat. Imagine what the box office for Dredd could have been if it were a 15...

I also think that Rogue Trooper would really struggle to get an 18 classification anyway because most of the BBFC's guidelines are based on context. The future war setting is so fantastical that the audience engages with the movie to a greater degree as a piece of fiction; whereas a modern-day urban setting gives movies a greater sense of reality, so violence and brutality feel more visceral and can incur a higher classification even for similar scenes. Duncan would have to really go out of his way to make an 18 version of Rogue (constant gore, brutal violence and strong swearing) and I'm not sure that would really add anything to the movie - best to stick to a 12A or a 15.

Trooper McFad

On my afternoon lunch time stroll I was thinking what type of story would I like to see and I was torn between a straight from the start origins involving the Quartz Massacre or dropped in the middle of Rogues search for the Traitor with flash backs to fill in the Quartz stuff
The more I thought about it I came down on the action packed straight to hunting down the Traitor. Too much screen time could be wasted on the buildup to the the massacre then a truncated search for the Traitor. I think it has to grab the audience ASAP.

Then I thought feck it as long as it's made I'll probably be happy 😃 let the professionals get on with it they'll have better story lines than me and so far I've been  entertained for 40 odd years 👍🏻

Tiplodocus

Grim and gritty but with talking hat?

Let's keep it a 12a is my hope.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 17 July, 2018, 02:24:22 PM
Grim and gritty but with talking hat?
Is this your pitch for the Dirty Harry Potter movie?
We never really die.

GrudgeJohnDeed

12 seems too low to me? The world of Nu-Earth is as grim as it comes.

Pyroxian

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 17 July, 2018, 02:24:22 PM
Let's keep it a 12a is my hope.

12a would be nice - could go and see it with my nephew then...

JayzusB.Christ

I would like some horrible biowire deaths please.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Trooper McFad

Some laz knife fights would be good ⚔️ and good few long range snipes