Main Menu

New Rogue Trooper Film!!

Started by Beeks, 15 July, 2018, 06:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrudgeJohnDeed

I think it could be good for 2000ad to focus on the adult side of their properties with their films, to differentiate themselves and project the their own identity. 2000ad was always the 'cool older brother' of comics to me, why not of films too.

Goaty

(First post after two months break from this forum)

Great news about film of Rogue Trooper, a film with flashback to the Quartz Zone Massacre would be perfect story. (maybe doing first three stories in 2000AD, that debut page would be great opening)

For the casting, I just think Ben Foster could be perfect, as he always give haunting look;

Tiplodocus

Thinking about it, to differentiate it from almost everything else around, it would be great if it was more of a Venus Bluegenes movie. 

Following her as she follows Rogue's story would give you a fresh take on things but still allow you to see his origin, have kick ass action but avoid pitfalls of the movie being about a friuff loner with a big gun.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 17 July, 2018, 09:43:07 PM
...have kick ass action but avoid pitfalls of the movie being about a friuff loner with a big gun.

You're never alone with your bio-chip buddies.  ;)

Tjm86

Quote from: I, Cosh on 17 July, 2018, 02:36:36 PM
Is this your pitch for the Dirty Harry Potter movie?

What where Hermione ....

Ah, sorry, not that kind of dirty?

sheridan

Quote from: Goaty on 17 July, 2018, 08:29:37 PM

Great news about film of Rogue Trooper, a film with flashback to the Quartz Zone Massacre would be perfect story. (maybe doing first three stories in 2000AD, that debut page would be great opening)

Welcome back!

As for how I'd do the film - if I'm optimistic, Rogue could do some wandering, get caught up in something like Fort Neuro, then wander off into the mists at the end (as there would be no point having a sequel if he catches the TG, as we know from bitter experience).

The Legendary Shark

Rogue gets trapped in a (cheap) underground tunnel complex going after an evil enemy general, accompanied only by an over-large helmet, his biochips and an inexperienced but competent female G.I... Oh, hang on a minute...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 18 July, 2018, 02:46:58 PM
Rogue gets trapped in a (cheap) underground tunnel complex going after an evil enemy general, accompanied only by an over-large helmet, his biochips and an inexperienced but competent female G.I... Oh, hang on a minute...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
DDT did a job on me

JayzusB.Christ

So, is Grant Morrison still doing the script, or has that baldy occult ship sailed?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 18 July, 2018, 05:09:50 PM
So, is Grant Morrison still doing the script, or has that baldy occult ship sailed?

That was about seven (!) years ago, so I'd imagine so.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Steve Green

There was a Gary Whitta treatment floating about that Chris Weston did some concept art for as well.

It's possible Duncan might involve Gary, or it might be something completely new (thinking probably the latter)

Eric Plumrose

For the casting, I just think Ben Foster could be perfect

Bit short, nu?
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Steven Denton

Quote from: sheridan on 18 July, 2018, 12:42:56 PM

Welcome back!

As for how I'd do the film - if I'm optimistic, Rogue could do some wandering, get caught up in something like Fort Neuro, then wander off into the mists at the end (as there would be no point having a sequel if he catches the TG, as we know from bitter experience).

God no. Never bank on a sequel! Use all the A material, ALL OF IT, in the first film and have it as a complete, self contained story unit. Do not leave dangling plot threads and do not set things up for later films. If its a hit worry about what comes next then.

Woolly

Quote from: Steven Denton on 18 July, 2018, 07:39:13 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 18 July, 2018, 12:42:56 PM

Welcome back!

God no. Never bank on a sequel! Use all the A material, ALL OF IT, in the first film and have it as a complete, self contained story unit. Do not leave dangling plot threads and do not set things up for later films. If its a hit worry about what comes next then.

Totally this.
As long as the Traitor General somehow survives. Y'know, just in case  ;)

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: Woolly on 18 July, 2018, 08:01:38 PM
As long as the Traitor General somehow survives.

He does exactly that in Progue 238.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.