Main Menu

New Rogue Trooper Film!!

Started by Beeks, 15 July, 2018, 06:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg M.

And Bland and Brass, obviously.

broodblik

The main premises must be for the hunt of the traitor not War Machine. My 2 cents worth
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: TordelBack on 31 July, 2018, 12:20:57 PM
So, War Machine, but with biochips, stammels, Fort Neuropa and Charybdis in the second act.  There, we're sorted.

Yup.
@jamesfeistdraws

wedgeski

Quote from: BPP on 08 August, 2018, 02:50:48 PM
Duncan Jones has other plans

https://news.avclub.com/duncan-jones-to-make-his-tv-debut-by-directing-drama-se-1828177794
Additional plans. RT will be in development and pre-production for quite some time, and he has to pay the bills.

ABCwarBOT

There's other things from 2000AD I'd rather see turned into films but this could be interesting.

Tiplodocus

This is ridiculous. It's nearly a week since there was any news! I doubt this film is really getting made!
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 09 August, 2018, 02:15:18 AM
There's other things from 2000AD I'd rather see turned into films

Well, if you can scare up $50-$100M in backing and a deal with a distributor, I'm pretty sure Tharg will be happy to talk to you about any 2000AD property you'd like to see on the big screen.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

SIP

As a stand alone action film, the whole premise and traitor-general story arc of Rogue should work fantastically well. It's a great choice for a movie property. Strontium Dog could make for a great ongoing TV show.

radiator

Said it before, but Button Man and Kingdom would be the two 2000ad properties most suited for movie adaptation in my opinion (BM as live action, Kingdom as an animation). Leviathan would also make a great premise for a TV series.

paddykafka

I would love to see an animated Nemesis movie, with Benedict Cumberbatch as Nemesis and James Earl Jones as Torquemada.

"Credo!"

IndigoPrime

Button Man's an interesting one, because it looks like a movie on the page, but the twist would have to be radically reworked on the big screen, purely on the basis that you'd [spoiler]know what the evil git chatting to Harry sounds like[/spoiler].

When I become a billionaire, the Strontium Dog TV show will be the first thing I'll be funding though.

The Legendary Shark

Sounds good. I think Derek Jacobi would be great for voicing Nemesis.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

sheridan

Another vote for Nemesis in case there are any angel investors reading!

Woolly

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 16 August, 2018, 01:21:32 PM
Button Man's an interesting one, because it looks like a movie on the page, but the twist would have to be radically reworked on the big screen, purely on the basis that you'd [spoiler]know what the evil git chatting to Harry sounds like[/spoiler].

When I become a billionaire, the Strontium Dog TV show will be the first thing I'll be funding though.

Never read it as a twist myself. There's an air of mystery surrounding the 'voice' early on for sure, but as soon as the "cold fish" line is uttered, it's clear who the voice is. And why Harry has gone there in the first place.

It's certainly a big reveal in the story, but not a twist. A movie would be better served with the above scene happening in the middle, as opposed to towards the end IMO.

But anyway, Rogue Trooper Filum! Get Charybdis in there, and then make a spin-off Tor Cyan series on Netflix!