Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2020

Started by Dash Decent, 27 June, 2019, 01:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

The Rise and Fall of the Trigan Empire Book Two
- Paperback, 288 pages, 17th November 2020

The second thrilling omnibus lost Sci-Fi classic from the sixties the New York times [sic] called "highly detailed visions of fantastic worlds"

Among the distant stars, fractious tribes come together to found a mighty empire that will wage war against aggressive kingdoms, battle alien invaders, and conceive of incredible new technologies. This extraordinary volume continues to chart the glorious Rise and Fall of the Trigan Empire!

A landmark in British comics history, painted by the legendary Don Lawrence in stunning, classic style, and springing from the grandiose pen of Mike Butterworth, this is an epic tale that creates a new far-future science fiction mythos that captured the imagination of a generation.

Features an introduction from one-time Don Lawrence apprentice Chris Weston (The Filth).

"I love Trigan Empire! It's absolutely epic."--Duncan Jones (director Source Code, Moon)

(Good to see Duncan Jones still in the fold)
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Cor! Buster Bumper Fun Book: An Omnibus Collection of Hilarious Stories Filled with Laughs for Kids of All Ages! - Paperback, 96 pages, 24th November 2020

All-ages omnibus featuring classic humour characters from yesteryear brought back with brand new stories from the top humour comics talent of today!

Britain's golden age of humour comics returns for the 21st century, with brand new stories by today's top talents. Featuring characters like Kid Kong, Grimly Feendish, Faceache, and Frankie Stein are given new life in this compendium of hilarity by Neil Googe (The Flash), Cavan Scott (Doctor Who), Tom Paterson (The Beano, The Dandy), Shelli Paroline (Adventure Time) and Hilary Barta (DC Comics Plastic Man)!

Possibly a placeholder cover given we've seen those images before?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

The Monarch

A collection of the recent specials yeah?

Dash Decent

The blurb says 'brand new stories' but it's not clear if that means totally new to this volume or just new as compared to the material from the 1960s-70s-80s.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

IndigoPrime

Cor! is a compilation, IIRC. I may well pick that up for the nipper.

Rogue Judge

I'm stoked to see the Fiends of the Eastern Front collection. I've been watching Ebay for a long while now, hoping for a "reasonably" priced copy of Fiends (both the hard back and soft cover are expensive)

Steve Green

Really?

The hardback of the original series was going cheap when they were clearing stocks of old stuff a few years ago.

Rogue Judge

That's the one I've been looking for. It pops up occasionally used on ebay or Amazon for anywhere from £35 and up.

Sean SD

Quote from: Dash Decent on 08 February, 2020, 12:23:12 PM
Fiends of the Eastern Front - Paperback, 176 pages, 20th October 2020

A luxury omnibus of classic supernatural war stories from the Golden Age of comics - expanded and updated in definitive edition.

Buried deep underground are the remains of Wehrmacht soldier, Hans Schmitt, and his diary, which journals his eerie encounter with the Romanian Captain Constanta and his platoon of blood-sucking freaks! Back in 1943, with the Russians willing to fight until their last man in order to defend Stalingrad, Panzergrenadier Richter discovers Constanta's secret and learns than sometimes your allies can be just as dangerous as the enemy!

Looking forward to this omnibus will be picking one up for sure  :cool:

CalHab

Quote from: Dash Decent on 08 February, 2020, 12:23:12 PM
Fiends of the Eastern Front - Paperback, 176 pages, 20th October 2020

A luxury omnibus of classic supernatural war stories from the Golden Age of comics - expanded and updated in definitive edition.

Buried deep underground are the remains of Wehrmacht soldier, Hans Schmitt, and his diary, which journals his eerie encounter with the Romanian Captain Constanta and his platoon of blood-sucking freaks! Back in 1943, with the Russians willing to fight until their last man in order to defend Stalingrad, Panzergrenadier Richter discovers Constanta's secret and learns than sometimes your allies can be just as dangerous as the enemy!

Featuring the breathtaking art of Carlos Ezquerra (Judge Dredd) and Colin MacNeil (America, Chopper: Song of the Surfer), with stories from Gerry Finley Day (Rogue Trooper), David Bishop (Thrill-Power Overload), and recent classics from Ian Edginton (Stickleback, Scarlet Traces), Dave Kendall (Fall of Deadworld).

Not the incredible Dave Taylor work?

Tomwe

CalHab

Quote from: Tomwe on 10 February, 2020, 09:40:26 AM
Quote from: CalHab on 10 February, 2020, 08:09:11 AM
Not the incredible Dave Taylor work?
His name's on the cover!

Brilliant! Hopefully get a large format hardcover edition too!

Bolt-01

Just spotted this on Down The Tubes:

David Roach limited edition cover for the upcoming Masters of British Comic Art Book!

Only 200 available via the shop - and it is there NOW!

Link - https://downthetubes.net/?p=114954

Dandontdare

ooh, that's very nice, but I do love the Bolland one and I'm not buying two copies! Decisions decisions.....

Dash Decent

Presumably the characters on the cover give us some insight into the content?  There's Buster, standing on Helm, Stogie to the left, Janus Stark next to Anderson, Death & Walter the Wobot, Robot Archie, Grimly Fiendish, Frankie Stein, that cat girl we've been talking about, etc, a few I'm having a mental blank on (the flying metal gauntlet in front of Stark), and a few I don't know.

It's natural that the book is most likely to concentrate on material owned by Rebellion (rather than say, DCT), but it's interesting to see the representation here ties in with material Rebellion has (or is soon) reprinting and/or rebooting.  I assume the overlap is merit based (i.e. Rebellion are bringing back material they consider is worth displaying, and the author has separately identified the same great artists and characters as worthy of discussion, rather than the book being just a way to push available product).
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll