Main Menu

STRONTIUM DOG: SEARCH AND DESTROY WEBSHOP EXCLUSIVE

Started by Rogue Judge, 08 April, 2020, 09:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Cheers, makes sense - I guess Carlos might have just drawn that before he'd been told the colour was going to be limited to the first 2 pages.

I, Cosh

Weren't some of the black and white Starlord pages actually printed green or something?
We never really die.

Steve Green

I think the original artwork was, might have been Stewart Perkins/WR Logan who mentioned it?

PIKLZ

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 18 April, 2020, 05:10:21 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 18 April, 2020, 04:18:27 PM
I seem to recall someone who has the original art mentioned a page that was printed in b/w in Starlord is actually colour.

The third page of the first story.

This 'colour' version of the page is in the new book. (The page was not fully coloured before Carlos was told the rest of the strip was going to be in B/W, or so the legend goes.)

I, Cosh

Quote from: Steve Green on 19 April, 2020, 01:45:36 PM
I think the original artwork was, might have been Stewart Perkins/WR Logan who mentioned it?
Yeah, could be that. Vaguely remember him posting scans of it on here at some point too.
We never really die.

Max Headroom

Received my copy today and can't wait to get reading. I was particularly impressed by the colour repro which is always great to have where it exists. I was wondering whether something similar could be done for Nemesis. I know we have the relatively recent 'Early Heresies' edition, but a deluxe book featuring all the colour would be amazing and totally deserved.

oshii

Got mine today.  Very lovely it is too, but frankly it wasn't cheap at 30 quid, especially when it's being advertised in this week's prog at 20 (not sure if the "nonexclusive versions are hard or soft back).

IndigoPrime

Standard edition is also HC—but it's now also delayed six months. If you're annoyed at spending extra cash, I'll bet you could sell your copy on now it's OOP.

Bolt-01

Got mine yesterday and it is a beautiful book. I'm so pleased to have this.

Tomwe

Just woken to find an email telling me the web shop exclusive has now been released and to check it out. Did this mean it was back in stock I thought? Nope. Maybe I get sent the email as I'd ordered a copy?

Darren Stephens

Got mine today. Absolutely stunning book. Really looking forward to getting stuck in, as I've not read most of these strips.
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Magnetica

I see the standard edition is now up for pre-order. Does anyone know if this is limited to a certain number, or will they print at least as many as they get pre-orders for? I ask partly because I am still missing my subscriber discount on the web shop.

IndigoPrime

I imagine there will be a limited print run, in the sense it won't be in-print indefinitely, but the standard edition will be on sale in stores everywhere, not just the 2000 AD shop. It won't sell out overnight.

Tjm86

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 09 June, 2020, 02:44:36 PM

Aye, just finished it.  Great to have all these tales in one volume, even though I have the full Starlord run.

The repro is pretty good all things considered.  Matte paper works better and the crisp white background bring out Ezquerra's work superbly.

I suppose it will be too much to hope that they will give the hardback treatment to the 2000ad year stories now?  Probably not but we can live in hope, no?

Leigh S

If Barney comes back I'm going to page count a "Journey Into Hell"/Annual/Specials second volume.....

Quote from: Tjm86 on 12 June, 2020, 04:07:06 PM
Quote from: Bolt-01 on 09 June, 2020, 02:44:36 PM

Aye, just finished it.  Great to have all these tales in one volume, even though I have the full Starlord run.

The repro is pretty good all things considered.  Matte paper works better and the crisp white background bring out Ezquerra's work superbly.

I suppose it will be too much to hope that they will give the hardback treatment to the 2000ad year stories now?  Probably not but we can live in hope, no?