Main Menu

Mentions of 2000ad in other media

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 18 October, 2020, 01:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

I know there's another thread about this, but I just can't find it.  If any mod feels like merging this, I'll be more than happy, but no worries either way.

Anyway i was listening to Adam Buxton's very enjoyable Ramble Book audiobook, and he mentions that he hung round with Zac Sandler at school, who would later be a 2000ad contributor - I didn't immediately recognise the name but I recognise his work now i see it.
And Eric Bradbury made him into a droid! https://britishcomics.fandom.com/wiki/Zac_Sandler

Sandler apparently used to write, animate and act for the Adam and Joe Show too.  Between him, Louis Theroux and of course Joe Cornish, that was quite an impressive small group of schoolmates Adam had there.  Must be shite being the one or two lads from the gang who didn't make it to comics, telly and film.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

AlexF

Hah! Thanks for that. Is it wrong that I think it's exciting that 2000AD got to be top of that list?

Also great connection there from 2000AD - Zac Sandler - Adam Buxton. Small world it's a.

AlexF

Reviving this old thread (there was perhaps an even older version of it but can't find that) to note a REALLY obscure 'other media' link...

So anyway, Wordle fans might be aware of the hundreds of Wordle variants out there. I've lately got into a bunch of film related ones (Actorle probably the best; Framed is quite fun too).

Hollywordle

is the most Wordle-like in that you have to guess the 5-letter film name; yesterday's answer was the reason I'm posting here today so I think you can guess what that film was.

I, Cosh

We never really die.

AlexF

ooh good one  -I'll use that tomorrow for a first guess.