Main Menu

70's Nostalgia, enjoy

Started by Tarantino, 23 January, 2021, 02:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarantino

Hi everyone, just spotted this on YouTube, very nostalgic stuff from th e 70's and a little bit emotional for everyone 50+. There are a few black and white clips at the very beginning for some reason, unrelated to the 70's, get past that and you'll be surprised how many old memories this brings up.

Enjoy  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usxxj3Jrzv0

Trooper McFad

Aaaah innocent times when I had not a care in the world 🙄.
The black and whites were always Saturday morning repeats on BBC 2.

However when you look back on the 70s with our auld eyes and sceptical minds they were just as disturbing and scary times as today 😩.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Professor Bear

Quote from: Tarantino on 23 January, 2021, 02:06:05 PM
There are a few black and white clips at the very beginning for some reason, unrelated to the 70's, get past that and you'll be surprised how many old memories this brings up.

It was more of an issue in the days before digital broadcasting was the norm, but in the analogue days of only 3/4 channels, the UK was/still is broken into dozens of different transmission "regions" with their own proprietary schedules in off-peak hours and in those timeslots assigned to factual programming like the news.  To fill awkward gaps in schedules that they didn't know what else to do with, regional broadcasters would often purchase really cheap filler from the US like movie serials and tv shows from the 1960s, which is why so many people (from certain regions) who grew up in the 1980s and 1990s know about Champion The Wonder Horse or Undersea Kingdom.

The Legendary Shark

You've got to fight for what you want - The Flashing Blade!

That black and white Robinson Crusoe serial that seemed to go on forever.

The Banana Splits.

Now I have a hankering for fish fingers and chips...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

rogue69

I always remember watch Asterix the Gaul as a summer holidays series along with the Sining Ringing Tree

Dandontdare

First time I ever fell in love was the princess in the Singing Ringing Tree. I was besotted (and about five).

Tarantino

I remember a comic being launched in the 70's called 2000AD but they didn't mention it in this video.

Shame  :|