Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Nemesis the Warlock vs. Indigo Prime Rd 3 Heat 30

Started by Colin YNWA, 01 June, 2022, 07:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Week 4 has the full range of ties. From probably one of the most one sided match-ups we will see this round... and when I say probably, I mean definitely. To a couple of absolute stinkers. There is as you might imagine plenty in between as well.

Outside the realm of mismatches now... or are we. Indigo Prime is an astonishingly popular, brilliant strip. It unsurprisingly took down Interceptor with no problem last time. But can it really stand against the might of Nemesis? Great as Indigo Prime is, who would dare vote against the Warlock? This one will certainly prove a tougher test than the previous which saw possibly the biggest mis-match yet as Nemesis blasted Bison... it surprisingly wasn't a shutout! This time...

Nemesis the Warlock - more info

Vs

Indigo Prime - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 4th June and the winner gets a place in Round 4 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN

abelardsnazz

Going to have to be Indigo Prime for me - Killing Time is one of my favourite stories ever. Nemesis has some awesome stuff, not least that line-up of artists, but I'm too big a fan of the Smithiverse not to vote for it here.

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

CalHab

Aaron A Aardvark

Both looked great, both had a touch of genius. Nemesis edges it in most catagories.

Indigo Prime

because Grobbendonk, who spoke Gibberish, a Fringe World dialect.

sheridan

Nemesis, always - if it hadn't been running in the prog in the first month I started buying I don't know whether I'd still be reading to this day (not to disparage the other thrills at the time).

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Nemesis.

When, in the dying moments of the universe, when the heat death has come to us all and the final word upon 2000AD has been written, in the final book about the comic ever published,"Nemesis" will be in the second sentence.

SBT

rogue69

AlexF

Agree that Killing Time is one of 2000AD's all-time best ever stories, and that the Bagwell/Carter years of IP were pretty damn excellent.

But they're not Nemesis books 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7. (And Books 2, 8, 9 and 10 are comfortably better than early IP)

credo

What a tie!

Even though Smith is comfortably my favourite script-droid, I'm going to have to go with Nemesis.

Books 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 9 and everything great about Mills with very, very little of the grate, and have some of the most astounding comic art ever.

Magnetica

Definitely Nemesis for me. One of the most classic thrills of all time. It's just iconic and the art by O'Neill and Talbot is just so brilliant.

Blue Cactus

I love John Smith's stuff and Killing Time and all the IP comeback stuff including Dead Eyes is great. Nemesis though... even if it hadn't been the first 2000AD story I ever read (in Best of 2000AD Monthly #8, COMPLETELY blowing my tiny mind), it still remains an absolute favourite for me.

Nemesis.

IndigoPrime

Urgh. This one's nasty. Nemesis the Warlock was one of the most exciting comics I'd seen when I first laid eyes on it. And its alien nature was amazing. I bloody loved those early books, right up until the goop at the end of the world. But at some point, Nemesis went off the boil. Hicklenton's art was solid but the scripting started to slip. The one-shot with Candida was lovely, but Mills's increasing shift towards being preachy overpowered everything else. The last book was a damp squib, with an OK ending that was then wiped away presumably because it was deeply cruel on one of the protagonists.

Indigo Prime started out as, frankly, incomprehensible nonsense, but then we got Killing Time—one of the finest runs in the Prog's history. Dead Eyes was clever, and then the 'reboot' strips were coming along famously. Ken-W did a solid job in taking over, but something was lost, like when a beloved and inventive TV show gets a new showrunner. That's no slight on Kek-W: it's just that Indigo Prime was such a singular vision that it hasn't really survived the transfer intact (unlike, say, Devlin Waugh under Kot).

Fractionally, it's going to be Nemesis for me, even if I wish it had ended much, much earlier.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.