Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - The Out vs. The Order Rd 3 Heat 34

Started by Colin YNWA, 06 June, 2022, 06:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

The Order is just too confusing for me to enjoy. I liked the first series - everything else has unfortunately been a disappointment (even if well depicted, I'm sure cunningly wrought and with its heart in the right place).

I love The Out.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Magnetica

NapalmKev

The Out.

I'm a fan of The Order but The Out is just pure Gold!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Southstreeter

Gruddammit I love both. Because The Out is going to win, my vote goes to The Order.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Rogue Judge

The Out.

Although Burns perfect artwork is almost enough to swing my vote.

BPP

the out instant classic vs impenetrable mess from bk 2
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

norton canes

The first two books of The Order versus the first two books of The Out would have been very close. But have others have said, The Order is losing a bit of steam(punk), so... The Out

Colin YNWA

With a day to got the result here is pretty clear, though I'm chuffed to see The Order doing better than I thought, it is a wonderful thrill. Tomorrow we'll have a result here so vote today.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

sintec

Two thrills with stunning art that really suits the stories they're telling. I found The Order read much better collected than it did in the weekly in the Prog but even then it's huge cast and convoluted plotting makes it hard to keep track of what's going on. On the flips side I'm not sure The Out really knows where it's going but I'm not sure that really matters when it's such an enjoyable ride.

The Out

IndigoPrime

Quote from: sintec on 08 June, 2022, 08:56:42 AMI'm not sure The Out really knows where it's going but I'm not sure that really matters when it's such an enjoyable ride.
I dunno. I get the feeling from interviews that Abnett has plotted an arc, but he's influenced heavily by the artist when it comes to where the journey goes between those points. I do like its sense of freedom immensely, and never quite knowing what's going to happen, yet it all remaining coherent. (By contrast, The Order has that sense of not knowing what's next, but unlike The Out—or, say Red Seas—it just doesn't hang together anymore.)

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!