Main Menu

Fake Britain Map

Started by GoGilesGo, 23 June, 2022, 12:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoGilesGo

This just popped up in my socials feed today. A map of fictional places in Great Britain. Trumptonshire, Fulchester and HMP Slade of course but a few Dreddverse locations too.

related article with an updated map here
https://londonist.com/london/maps/fake-britain-map-fictional-locations-england-scotland-wales

JayzusB.Christ

I fecking love it.  Being a man of little culture, I don't recognise most of them, but will be googling for the next hour.   I'm inevitably reminded of the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - I seem to remember a world Atlas of this type in one of the books, but my mind could be playing tricks on me.

EDIT - On the downside, I've just googled 'Horny Boy location' and it's now in my search history.  And I still don't know what work of fiction it comes from.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

AlexF

The updated one is just teeming with locations! A true labour of love.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Think that's good?

Here's the whole grud-damn world, in a beautiful book.

The Meg is on the cover!
Lock up your spoons!

IndigoPrime

Yep. I found that book earlier and duly added it to my wish-list. Birthday is coming up! :D

Colin YNWA

You could spend hours in that thing.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I had always assumed Melchester was  much further north and the Rovers all sounded like they were out of Corrie
You may quote me on that.

Jim_Campbell

Although it's nice to John Allison get a look-in here, I think Tackleford is both too far west and little far south...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Leigh S

Wheres the Birmingham Gap and Milton Keynes Mutatn Ghetto?

sheridan

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 23 June, 2022, 02:55:40 PM
I fecking love it.  Being a man of little culture, I don't recognise most of them, but will be googling for the next hour.   I'm inevitably reminded of the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - I seem to remember a world Atlas of this type in one of the books, but my mind could be playing tricks on me.

I don't know about reprints, but the original two series of League (Fu Manchu and the Martians) had a gazeteer at the back of each issue.

sheridan

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 23 June, 2022, 02:55:40 PM
EDIT - On the downside, I've just googled 'Horny Boy location' and it's now in my search history.  And I still don't know what work of fiction it comes from.

Shoulda looked at the google sheet (which was linked in the article). here you go