Main Menu

Prog 2345: Criminal Justice!

Started by IndigoPrime, 12 August, 2023, 08:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grush

Great cover. I always enjoy this style of cover – a comics style portrait on a blank background really pops. They should do them more often for characters other than Dredd.

Dredd strip itself continues nicely. I'm liking the way Asher thinks he is treading some kind of line between good and bad, but Dredd just sees it as unlawful. Also loved the robo-jimp arrest (such a great idea, it could have had a whole episode).

Can't be bothered with Portals any more, still reading it, but I have no sense of the context for what is going on (for example, is Devouroo's business against the law and, if not, why don't the werewolves etc just buy their goo from Tescos?). Dexter just continues (I'm not calling it Azimuth any more).

Enjoyed Maxwell's Demon, and more than happy to spend more time in the company of Herne and Shuck in the future. Hershey is top thrill for me at the moment.

Two weeks until more thrills.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: The Corinthian on 16 August, 2023, 08:26:18 AMI've come to blank the Regened Progs but there's still nothing more dispiriting in a new prog than seeing the phrase "...returns in two weeks' time!" at the end of a strip.

Portals & Black Goo hasn't been doing anything for me but is it hinting at an appearance by [REDACTED FAMOUS COMICS CHARACTER I CAN'T NAME BECAUSE THE SITE WON'T LET ME INSERT SPOILERS ANY MORE] at the end of this prog's episode? Tomlinson haswritten for him before in Tooth (sort of).

Please elaborate, perhaps over PM!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 16 August, 2023, 07:17:30 AM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 15 August, 2023, 07:12:20 AMThat's a lovely cover. Touch of Manaton, and of my own favourite Dredd artist ever, Jock.

McMahon, even. Feck sake.

I'm getting a really strong Trevor Hairsine vibe off it, which is great, because I've always wished Trevor had done more Dredds than he actually did.

Mentally, I have Trevor in the same category as Jock — artists who would probably have become definitive if they'd had a long, solid run as one of the regulars. (Also: Kev Walker.)

If the Americans don't poach him, I think Dan will end up being one of the definitive Dredd artists of this era of 2000AD.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Hawkmumbler

Dredd, Hershey and Azimuth all have the juice right now. Greatly enjoying this as the bread and butter among the prog right now, just all great stuff.

Portals lost me, scattershot and more than a bit dull I'm afraid, reminds me of the worst moments of Survivial Geeks. Can't win 'em all I suppose.

Bad City Blue

Dredd is okay, but as I have said before Niemand is dragging shit out way more than he used to.

Portals etc is no longer read.

Hershey - glad it's finally over, this has been a long slog overall. Not bad, just average for me.

The Thrill3r was good, nice resolution too.

Dexter is waaaay better than when it was the confusing headfuck that was Azimuth.
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

nxylas

My phone camera recognised the poster on the wall at the top of page 2 of Azimuth as a QR code, but was unable to extract the text, probably because Leanback's ear was obscuring part of it.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Richard

Hershey isn't over, it's back in two weeks.

The Monarch

and even then dredd is gonna be picking up the thread of hersheys pathogen a few weeks after it finishes so we are in the long haul for this one folks

AlexF

I thought this week's episode of PABG was pretty decent, almost entirely because it jumped around between three stories...

Magnetica

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 16 August, 2023, 11:03:13 AM
Quote from: The Corinthian on 16 August, 2023, 08:26:18 AMI've come to blank the Regened Progs but there's still nothing more dispiriting in a new prog than seeing the phrase "...returns in two weeks' time!" at the end of a strip.

Portals & Black Goo hasn't been doing anything for me but is it hinting at an appearance by [REDACTED FAMOUS COMICS CHARACTER I CAN'T NAME BECAUSE THE SITE WON'T LET ME INSERT SPOILERS ANY MORE] at the end of this prog's episode? Tomlinson haswritten for him before in Tooth (sort of).

Please elaborate, perhaps over PM!!

I'm assuming it's your cousin...sort of 😁.

Magnetica

For reasons I won't bore you with I'm reading my Progs on my phone at the moment.

At that resolution I assumed the cover was by Jock, until I read the comments here.

Le Fink

Quote from: AlexF on 18 August, 2023, 09:21:23 AMI thought this week's episode of PABG was pretty decent, almost entirely because it jumped around between three stories...
I'm still reading it and finding it OK. I'm more taken with the vampy vamp and the drama mage than Our Hero though. Must be hard/daft to maintain 3 threads in 6 page instalments. What other stories have attempted this? Trifecta had three separate serials to do it!

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 14 August, 2023, 10:42:07 PM
Quote from: Richard on 14 August, 2023, 09:10:54 PM...and if you think that cover is something, wait til you see Dan's art on Spector this month!

There's a bit of page design in that episode where he does something I don't think I've ever seen before... and I've worked on about 70,000 pages of comics, so that's saying something! It's not in-your-face in its cleverness, but it's smart and incredibly effective.

Wow - you're not wrong.  Hadn't noticed the first time around, but that's genius.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Magnetica

Just read all the episodes of Portals and Black Goo on one sitting and it a) makes perfect sense and b) is actually pretty good.