Main Menu

Everyone except Krustabi can read this.

Started by Jared Katooie, 25 March, 2004, 06:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddboy

I thought the Johnny Cash version really sucked, made it sound like crappy sixth-form poetry.

NIN's version does admittably sound like sixth-form poetry, but it sounds like good sixth-form poetry.

Really loved them up until The Perfect Drug ep, but I thought The Fragile was a sucky big pile o' puppy-poo. Might've been better if it'd been on one CD rather then a double album, cut out all the crap. As it is, I can never be arsed to put it on.

PRETTY HATE MACHINE
BROKEN
THE DOWNWARD SPIRAL

Brilliant trilogy, showing the progression of a really ***ked up individual losing the plot & destroying everything.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Queen Firey-Bou

i dunno its probably one of those things that i've got tracks on comp tapes mates have done me & i never worked out who it is, i bet ive hard that 'hurt' song , but can't place it.

therev

Yeah Kustabi...um.."rocks!" as you young people say.

Tiplodocus

Don't ask me - he's in my killfile.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Floyd-the-k

I`ve heard two NIN songs. Based on those, Krusti has it all over them. Mind you, fans rave about them so maybe I`missing something

yours unmusically

Devons Daddy

NIN
and
 krustabi

i never thought i would be interested until listening to a few tracks and rants.
then i also became hooked.

like em both these days.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Steamboy

yeah Krustabi, yeah the NINers. My fav NIN album is Downward Spiral, Bou and Floyd remember a couple of years ago(actually more like 10 years ago, fark I feel old)there was a big song called Closer, main chorus was "I want to F*#k you like an animal" that was NIN(though one of my least favorite songs), Also did a version of Dead Souls(don't know who does the original, anyone?)on the Crow soundtrack(awsome movie awsome soundtrack)

CU Krestel

Oddboy

Dead Souls was by Joy Division originally, although it might as well have been written for nine inch nails.

I think NIN started going down hill when Marylin Manson turned up and made the whole 'Industrial-Goth-Metal' thing silly.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Mr D

I think NIN started going down hill when Marylin Manson turned up and made the whole 'Industrial-Goth-Metal' thing silly.

I LOVE moody teens who take him totally seriously. It really amazes me that folk can't see he's just doing an Alice Cooper and is probably pretty bright underneath the extreme character acting.

Still, his music is mostly pretty lame. Out of ALL his albums he has enough decent tracks for maybe one. A bumber size 'Best Of' at best. NIN I've never had time for, but I'm tempted to give them a chance after all this talk... When I can afford an album that is!!!

Mr D

Scottiepunk

It makes me laugh that Marylin Manson was the specky kid in the Wonder Years!!

Darryl

Errrr... no he wasnt. He was about 20odd when it was filemd - far too old to be him. but let's not let the fact get inthe way of a good story!

I can recommend his book, Long Hard Road out of Hell, very funny, takes the piss out of just about everyone!

I agree that he taken far too seriously, but when he gets it right, he can crank out a good rock tune....