Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

See how people think that UKIP are all about hating 'Johnny foreigner' which it isn't. I would say it's primarily all about not wanting to be ruled by 'unelected' imbeciles in Europe (which is doing quite well don't you think). I wonder if they will ever get their books straight in the near future!

I always loved the way they have two meeting places in Europe, which is an excellent way to save money as well.

Dandontdare

Quote from: judgefloyd on 14 October, 2012, 07:09:01 AM
Did anyone see Julia Gillard's 'misognyn' speech?

I thought this speech was priceless, although her colleagues kept annoyingly stepping on her punchlines. The smarmy twat opposite (whose name I can't be bothered to Google) should've known better. To slag someone off for misogynistic comments with his track record, he was just laying himself open to a monstering. And another tip - when being harangued by a woman for sexism, DO NOT check your watch, it doesn't help!

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 15 October, 2012, 03:16:30 PM
Let's face it, if you dislike foreigners so much that you can't find a place in the Tory party, drowning's too fucking good for you.

:lol:

COMMANDO FORCES

I always thought that a typical Labour supporter was like that lady who Gordon Brown said was a bigot and her being a life long supporter of the party as well :lol:

Richmond Clements

QuoteI would say it's primarily all about not wanting to be ruled by 'unelected' imbeciles in Europe

Except, of course, that they are not unelected, are they?
Remind me... UKIP hvae no MPs..? But they have elected memebers sitting... where is it again..?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 15 October, 2012, 03:38:00 PM
I always thought that a typical Labour supporter was like that lady who Gordon Brown said was a bigot and her being a life long supporter of the party as well :lol:

I heard what she said to Brown and --you know what?-- I'd have had more respect for Brown and the Labour Party if they'd told their spin doctors to fuck off and just said:

"Yes, she's a bigot. We don't care if it's a generational thing to dislike foreigners, we need immigrants to swell the workforce because we have an ageing population and not enough citizens of working age to support them. If we can't breed a large enough workforce (and we can't, certainly not quickly enough) then we have no option other than import them."

But issues like immigration are held hostage to the agendas of the tabloid front pages and sensible debate on this, much like drug policy, is impossible.

Double bah.

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

COMMANDO FORCES

The UKIP party are showing us all the methods of corruption used in Europe, you won't find that sitting on the outside. Out of all the leaders of the parties in the UK, I have the most respect for Nigel Farage.

I agree about the use of spin doctors Jim, it's a joke! It seems that the spin doctors have no idea what the populace want but keep being employed by political parties to tell them what they want to hear, at our cost!!!

Professor Bear

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 15 October, 2012, 03:09:07 PMEdit to add: Beyond the dreams of Swift -- they're selling our blood.

It always amazes me that comments sections of blogs like that aren't just swamped with people typing "fucking cunts" and "I am going to kill David Cameron with a fucking hammer" in all caps.  If I was even vaguely political and living in the UK proper I think I'd be going mad by now, or at the very least have some sort of ulcer - thank Christ I have plenty of localised Norn Irn lunacy to distract me.

Stan

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 15 October, 2012, 03:41:45 PM
QuoteI would say it's primarily all about not wanting to be ruled by 'unelected' imbeciles in Europe

Remind me... UKIP hvae no MPs..? But they have elected memebers sitting... where is it again..?

The EU parliament is a talking shop. I just prefer UKIP doing the talking. B|

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Stan on 15 October, 2012, 06:18:19 PM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 15 October, 2012, 03:41:45 PM

The EU parliament is a talking shop. I just prefer UKIP doing the talking. B|

You say a talking shop, CF says they're our unelected leaders... I would suggest that in cannot be both.
Out of curiosity though, can anyone tell me anything - anything at all - that UKIP have actually achieved in their infiltration of the European Parliament?

COMMANDO FORCES

Being such a small party they will never be able to stop the pigs feeding from the trough but they have revealed corruption all over the place. Strangely nothing seems to get done about it because it's the people who make the laws that feed from the corrupt trough, funny that!

I won't waste my time like I did months ago with links about other stuff, when no-one 'wants' to believe in such things. All you have to do is google and you will find and be amazed at that beautiful gravy train!

I must say that I'm amazed that people who are for Scotland wanting independence, want to be controlled by Europe, funny that!

Richmond Clements

"Controlled by Europe"?

I don't even know what that means!

TordelBack

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 15 October, 2012, 06:27:37 PM
Out of curiosity though, can anyone tell me anything - anything at all - that UKIP have actually achieved in their infiltration of the European Parliament?

Made it appear to be stocked with otherwise unelectable junketeers?

I've been a flag-waver for the European Union project as long as I've been aware of it, but it should come as no surprise that my faith has taken one hell of a kicking in recent years*. I've also known too many people billeted in Brussels to have anything but horror for the wasteful expense of the operation itself.

However, I suspect the alternative is the perpetuation of the self-absorbed chauvinistic nation-state into the future, and that I really will have no truck with.  (-hums the Internationale quietly to himself-)

*Not that I blame Ireland's disastrous collapse on such ephemera as the Euro or ECB interest rate, those were epiphenomena feeding onto all-pervasive greed and short-sighted self-interest.  The subsequent handling of no-longer-our affairs by what turned out to be the tools of financial speculators and manipulators, and the tone adopted in its execution, I have real issues with.

COMMANDO FORCES

If you would prefer the term governed then I'll settle for that, unless you don't think we are governed by the multitude of laws passed by Europe!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I was under the impression that the EU mostly just issues 'guidelines' and everyone ignores them, apart from the tabloids when it's a slow news day and they're trying to stir things up.
You may quote me on that.

COMMANDO FORCES

Let's just all agree then shall we that the EU is superb!

Absolutely no one involved with the EU is corrupt!
There has been no fiddling of the figures or cooking of the books!
Nobody has employed family members in jobs that should have been advertised!
Whistle blowers have NEVER been sacked, etc, etc...

Norway and Switzerland seem to do okay!