Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Grugz on 28 August, 2014, 09:32:30 AM
well I did mean some sort of opinion poll sorry I didn't make that clear .I also should have included a winky to demonstrate the light hearted tone it was meant instead of it being taken soooo seriously ;)

What, like all the polling described here?

I think you'd need more than a 'winky' to convey the fact that you didn't mean, or mis-used, pretty much all of the words in your post.

::) <— Mild exasperation, in case clarification is needed.

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Grugz

look, I've apologised to rennie for any offence caused unintentionally, I'm leaving at that.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

TordelBack

Finally got round to watching that wondrous 'Yes' ad.  I couldn't help but imagine Middenface and the MLA pointing thwup guns at the production crew throughout.

Theblazeuk

I would swap parliaments around so Westminster moved to Holyrood and Holyrood moved to Westminster.

Would make London a lot nicer.

Old Tankie

When people living in Scotland vote "No" to independence, why can't the rest of the United Kingdom have a referendum asking if they still want them in the United Kingdom?  Or is it just the people in Scotland who are allowed a vote to change the current arrangement?  Do the rest of us not count then?

Grugz

apparently not ,you just phrased it better than I did and I upset folk. ::)
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

Old Tankie

Yes, Grugz, I knew exactly what you meant.  Don't worry about upsetting folk, I do it all the time on here.   :)

8-Ball

Quote from: Old Tankie on 28 August, 2014, 03:23:21 PM
When people living in Scotland vote "No" to independence, why can't the rest of the United Kingdom have a referendum asking if they still want them in the United Kingdom?  Or is it just the people in Scotland who are allowed a vote to change the current arrangement?  Do the rest of us not count then?

My vow of silence on the matter prevents me from replying to this. I'll get back to you after the people of Scotland actually make their decision.  ;)
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Grugz on 28 August, 2014, 03:27:34 PM

So, to be clear then, you did mean "get a vote" when you said "have a say"...?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Old Tankie on 28 August, 2014, 03:23:21 PM

So, presumably you'd be happy for all the citizens of the current EU states to have a vote if/when the UK holds a referendum on EU membership?

Fungus

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 August, 2014, 03:46:21 PM

Quite. You want a say, you have it (are having it). You can't get a vote because that would be silly.

Grugz

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 August, 2014, 03:46:21 PM

no I meant some people might want a say vote or opinion not me personally as long as the price of whiskey doesn't shoot up I couldn't care less either way.but some people might as it would affect the whole united kingdom...tsk ::)

Old Tankie

Two points really to that, Jim.  The UK is a political union, we keep being told that we're not in a European political union so it's not the same.  But, having said that, I'd be more than happy for the rest of the EU to have a vote on our membership, because I think I know what the answer would be!  :)

8-Ball

Quote from: Old Tankie on 28 August, 2014, 03:54:45 PM
Two points really to that, Jim.  The UK is a political union, we keep being told that we're not in a European political union so it's not the same.  But, having said that, I'd be more than happy for the rest of the EU to have a vote on our membership, because I think I know what the answer would be!  :)

You are right. The UK would never be allowed to leave the EU. :D
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Old Tankie

Sportsmen bet on that, mate!