Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NapalmKev

George Orwell's 1984 has suddenly become a bestseller! It's a shame more people didn't read it in the past, if they did the chances are the world wouldn't be run by Twats!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

The Legendary Shark

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a Trump blowing into a human face — forever."

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

47% Say U.S. Heading in Right Direction.

51% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump's job performance.

There's so much hatred for Trump in the media, both mainstream and alternative, but these numbers don't seem to reflect this. It's all very odd. Could it be that Trump is going after the Deep State and the Deep State's fighting back with all the pressure groups, politicians and media outlets at its disposal? I hope this is the case but I doubt it. Could it be that Trump is the monster everyone seems to think he is? I don't know that, either - I hope this isn't the case but, again, I doubt it. There seems to be an awful lot of noise and motion but not much progress.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 31 January, 2017, 03:20:52 PM
Could it be that Trump is the monster everyone seems to think he is?

I defy you to look at photos of five year old children in handcuffs at American airports and answer that question in anything other than the affirmative.

Besides, it looks a lot like Steve Bannon is actually running the show, and he's an honest-to-God white supremacist. Even if Trump isn't a monster, he's empowered one.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

von Boom

Bannon is the Himmler to Trump's Hitler.

The Legendary Shark

To be fair, children have been handcuffed in this country as well.

But handcuffed children doesn't technically make Trump a monster - unless he's the one who physically slapped them on. The monster in such cases is the person who carries out the action. "I was just following orders" is not an excuse. I think it's imperative that this message gets out - it should be printed on tee shirts, written into song lyrics, be on everyone's lips and have the Hell memed out of it all over the interweb. Then it wouldn't matter who was calling the shots quite as much.

Everyone, repeat after me: "I was just following orders" is not an excuse.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

NapalmKev

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 31 January, 2017, 04:03:28 PM

Everyone, repeat after me: "I was just following orders" is not an excuse.

Absolutely! However, it can be very difficult and even dangerous to be the lone voice asking questions when surrounded by a multitude who think you're wrong.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

I see where you are coming from Sharky, but consider, they're are both monsters. Trump for being for being the racist, xenophobic hate monger, and the cop for enabling his hate.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 31 January, 2017, 04:03:28 PM
But handcuffed children doesn't technically make Trump a monster - unless he's the one who physically slapped them on.

Pretty sure Hitler didn't personally kill any Jews. 'Technically' not a monster?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

There's so much hatred for Trump in the media, both mainstream and alternative, but these numbers don't seem to reflect this.

He is a monster, long before he became President, but as he is currently keeping his campaign promises it's unsurprising that his domestic support remains strong. He's giving the mob what it thinks it wants, in the manner of fascists everywhere.

auxlen

I try....probably more than 'people I know' loom at thinks from all perspectives as best i can and it seems, not surprisingly, that nobody agrees with anybody.

I follow the BBC, SKY, HUFFINGTON, The young Turks and J Dore(for regressive left), RUBINREPORT, CNN and PJW, Rebel media, TOMMY SOTO et al for right wing

I mean, look at this  (forgive his nauseating use of Jump cuts) but even this video gave mrs auxlen some pause.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNu4xU9qOEM

I just try to see things from all angles and end up not knowing anything.

if anyone has any news sources to add please let me know.

auxlen

auto correct mauled the above....hope it makes sense.

Professor Bear

47% Say U.S. Heading in Right Direction.

51% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump's job performance.

There's so much hatred for Trump in the media, both mainstream and alternative, but these numbers don't seem to reflect this. It's all very odd.

I would have thought a committed tinfoil hat enthusiast would have at least considered the possibility the polls could be loaded or flawed.
Yougov came in for a kicking for always seeming to find numbers that corroborated the right-wing views of its founders, but when checked against observable outside factors that couldn't be manipulated or qualified by their staff - elections, for instance - the numbers don't seem to line up with public opinion at all.  QED.

Theblazeuk