Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills & Trades!

Started by radiator, 18 February, 2010, 03:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

Quote from: JSouth5942 on 06 January, 2012, 09:46:11 AM
A couple of questions on these two US releases:

Judge Anderson: The Psychic Crime Files - Jan 2012
Any idea which issues this includes is this the stuff already covered in the UK PSI files or the newer stuff from the Meg?

Cheers guys!
Jason

I believe the psychic crime files will be all the Boo Cook stuff. It will be recent colour strips not featured in the PSI files.

JSouth5942

Quote from: James Stacey on 06 January, 2012, 09:49:36 AM
Quote from: JSouth5942 on 06 January, 2012, 09:46:11 AM
A couple of questions on these two US releases:

Judge Anderson: The Psychic Crime Files - Jan 2012
Any idea which issues this includes is this the stuff already covered in the UK PSI files or the newer stuff from the Meg?

Cheers guys!
Jason

I believe the psychic crime files will be all the Boo Cook stuff. It will be recent colour strips not featured in the PSI files.

Excellent will have to pre-order this one then.
Thanks
Jason

Emperor

Quote from: JSouth5942 on 06 January, 2012, 09:46:11 AMJudge Dredd: Crusade - Feb 2012
Which issues did this story originally appear in?

#928-937
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

JSouth5942

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

The Adventurer

Question, will Judge Anderson: The Psi Files 02 replace the entire Judge Anderson: Shambala TP? Or just parts of it?

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

IndigoPrime

@2000AD on Twitter said to me earlier: "PSI Files is as complete as we can make it, tho some bits missing". So presumably much like the Dredd CFs—all major stories.

Max Headroom

Wonder which are going to be the missing bits? Perhaps this refers to all those appearances of Anderson which do not come under her own title. I sincerely hope that all her solo stories, both in Prog and Meg, will eventually see the light in this format. Maybe the powers that be can enlighten us as to which bits will be omitted?

radiator

I wouldn't be surprised if one of those missing stories is Voyage of the Seeker, which was printed on the back of a poster that came free with Megazine 2.37.

Very much looking forward to this book - personally I think that whole era of Anderson stories - from Shamballa right up until Satan - is the highpoint of the strip, and the last time Anderson deserved her own solo series. It actually felt as if it was going somewhere. Ever since then it feels as if it's been treading water, especially in recent years.

I've got the old Hamlyn editions of Childhood's End (bit of a forgotten gem imo) and Satan, be nice to get all the stories preceding and between in one nice big volume. I've never read the whole Postcards From the Edge/Something Wicked arc, which bridges the gap between those two previously mentioned stories.

Crossing my fingers that the repro does the artwork justice...

Dark Jimbo

I've held off buying the first Psi Files for a loooong time, half afraid that it would be the start of yet another aborted Anderson trade line (I had the old DC book). Great news that we're finally going to get the second volume, and now I can take the plunge on both!

I've not read any classic Anderson after Hour of the Wolf - (the first three or four stories, I think) so like the Dredd Case Files it's all going to be new to me.
@jamesfeistdraws

radiator

QuoteI've not read any classic Anderson after Hour of the Wolf - (the first three or four stories, I think) so like the Dredd Case Files it's all going to be new to me.

I wouldn't get your hopes up too high - there's a pretty good chance that it hasn't aged terribly well. The likes of The Jesus Syndrome and Childhood's End were phenomenally popular at the time of publication though.

It's up in the air whether I'd bother buying a volume 3 - guess I'll wait and see what stories are covered in 2. It's sometimes easy to forget just how many Anderson series there have been over the years.

Taking the page count into consideration, looks like the contents of volume 2 will look something like this:

Shamballa 12 episodes (Progs 700 to 711) 62 pages

Blythe Spirit 1 episode (Meg 2.08) 8 pages

The Witch? Report 1 episode (Meg 2.14) 8 pages

The Jesus Syndrome 3 episodes (Megs 2.22 to 2.24) 18 pages

Childhood's End 8 episodes (Megs 2.27 to 2.34) 63 pages

Postcards from the Edge 11 episodes (Megs 2.50 to 2.60) 86 pages

Postcard to Myself 1 episode (Meg 2.73) 8 pages

Something Wicked 7 episodes (Megs 2.74 to 2.80) 52 pages

I, Cosh

Am I the only one that remembers the last time we talked about this? Really looking forward to this as I thought the first Psi Files held up really well and I've never read any of the Meg stories in this volume.
Quote from: Robo-K33F on 17 August, 2011, 09:22:06 AM
Quote from: The Cosh on 15 August, 2011, 02:04:05 PM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 15 August, 2011, 10:30:31 AM
Quote from: radiator on 12 July, 2011, 11:24:43 AM
Judge Anderson: The Psi Files 02 - January 2012
Has anybody made an estimate as to where this will get up to yet?
Assuming it starts with Shamballa, as that was missed out of the first volume, then 380 pages would take you up to the end of Satan and the point when Anderson moved back from the Meg to the Prog. However, I don't think any of the colour Case Files have been that long, so more likely to finish at the end of the Postcards from the Edge storyline and maybe throw in a few stories from the annuals.

That's about right;

Shamballa
Blythe Spirit
Reasons to Be Cheerful 
The Witch? Report
The Jesus Syndrome
Childhood's End
Voyage of the Seeker
Postcards from the Edge
Postcard to Myself

The Mind of Edward Bottlebum (Judge Dredd Annual 1985)
A Fistful of Denimite (Judge Dredd Annual 1986)
Golem (2000AD Annual 1987)
We never really die.

radiator

Cool. Looks like I'll be getting volume 3, should there be one, as I quite want to read Something Wicked - volume 3 would presumably collect Something Wicked, Satan and the Wonderwall/Crusade arc along with a few shorter tales, a further volume would pretty much bring us up to date.

Doesn't Something Wicked act as sort of a prologue to Satan?

credo

Looking forward to the upcoming Anderson Vol. 2, and the second volume of Shakara, but when will the next Stront and Slaine trades hit? What about paperback releases of Volgan Wars 3 and 4? Or a second volume of Savage?

Am I just being impatient?

radiator

I'd say the next Stront trade is a way off yet, given that there isn't even enough material to collect yet. Wagner has hinted that The Life and Death of Johnny Alpha is shaping up to be quite an epic, so who knows when it will finish?

And isn't Slaine pretty much complete and up to date, trade wise - unless you mean stuff like The Holy Grail and Braveheart stories?