Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

the constant and deliberate targeting of children.
it would be truly sordid to give the time of day to any supposed justification for this. the only possible explanation is genuine evil born of extreme sociopathy.

The Legendary Shark

Funt, I'm not supportive of any of it. I don't know where you'd get that idea. What I find disgusting are the double standards involved. Tony Blair can cause atrocious mayhem on the basis of a false dossier and he's still running around free doing Voldemort impressions, Bush is still free, Obama, Trump, Biden. Saudi Arabia gets away with its atrocities. So Israel. And others.

But Russia bad.

They're all f*cking bad and they all need to be stopped because people are dying. I know I can't stop it on my own, but I can do my bit - as I've droned on about time after time after time - which is why I do not support any government or willingly give any of them money or resources. They can buy their own bloody bullets and bombs with the money they extort out of people willing to give it to them.

Why do you think I continue to live in a shed, ffs? I'm at least smart enough to get a job stacking shelves for a supermarket or sweeping their car parks but that would necessitate me supporting the government's extortion taxation system. Which I will not do until they stop killing people.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

My problem there is the implication that no one else on this thread is capable of nuanced thought.  I was on this board when Iraq was invaded, and the west's actions were condemned vociferously by pretty much every person here at the time (and continue to be, as far as I can see). 

Are people supposed to just keep quiet about the atrocities and loss of life now that it's not a western government doing it?  Or do you just want every conversation here to be about how governments shouldn't exist?  I mean, that's pretty much close to my own view; even if I don't like your own particular alternative, but I want to hear people's opinions about current events too.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Apologies - I sometimes get carried away. There is a lot of thought, nuanced and otherwise, all over these boards, and it's my intention to convey what I think and not what I think other people should think. Whether I tend to pull this off is questionable.

I don't want anyone to keep quiet about anything. Furthermore, I don't believe that governments shouldn't exist (at least in the short term) but that they shouldn't have the power to ride roughshod over the rest of society as if they own it. Give them the power to organise the infrastructure, healthcare, and those aspects of civilization conducive to a peaceful existence but strip them of the power to harm others. That would be a good start, I think.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

milstar

Quote from: Funt Solo on 21 March, 2022, 02:24:29 PM
Oh ffs, Shark.

However dim one's bulb may be, one should be able to easily illuminate the fact that milstar's substantive meaning wasn't altered by the text I excluded from the quote.

As you argue (incorrectly) about semantics, entirely innocent people are being bombed to oblivion, on purpose, by a power hungry, brutal dictator. One whose fascism milstar openly supports. Their plight, seemingly, having no more meaning to you than picking your nose.

For fuck's sake, is the phrase I should utter here. The disgusting thing here is how you, deliberately or not, have twisted my comments. I am under no obligation, moral or otherwise, to pick a side here, and it hardly makes me a fascist, or sprouting fascist views, if I do one of each. Urging one to do so is a true definition of fascism. And why would I, as a contrarian, listen to someone who obviously listens to very mainstream news, the same media that uses very little truth in their outings? Not that long ago, Zelensky was the autocratic one and a dictator, so what exactly did we do about him? To quote Russell Brand: (whatever feelings someone harbours for the git belongs to an entirely different topic)
"The mainstream media is not your friend. The culture is not your
friend. The government is not your friend. Big business is not your
friend. They are operating collegiately, in unison, to create a set of
systems that are beneficial to them, and disadvantage you."

Plus, I find that you personally have a very skewered idea of what dictator and fascist mean (and all those points are pretty debatable).

Now, I don't think that I buried my statements that the conflict in Ukraine is a horrible decision. It's pretty much overt to see for anyone who wants to see it.

But I also added that one must be blatantly naive or ignorant to see this whole thing through black-n-white glasses and be blind enough to see nuances here. As if Ukraine has done nothing wrong, yes? Not at all. A whole lotta no. Ukraine has, in fact, bullied the Russians. For their own citizens, that is. For years. Except that you won't hear that on Channel 4 or the BBC. Pointing that out, apparently, paints you as a person with fascist beliefs. I was also against interventions in Iraq or Libya (although both countries each had more brutal dictators and who never invaded anyone; at least to my knowledge, Libya did not; don't know about Saddam). And just as I bare mentioned these two countries, I want to say that I have no recollection of anyone protesting or complaining about NATO intervening there. At least not in my neighbourhood, nor on the news. Now I have no idea how the average Russian feels about their president. But I predict the majority are behind Putin, which is quite a common thing in these countries. Is the majority fascist?

But let us all talk about this as if everyone forgot about COVID. As if everyone is unaware that Russians pay for petrol way less than us. But let us talk about how one autocratic leader attacked a "sovereign" and ''peaceful'' country. That, btw, recently fired back, which is why they should not be slammed as aggressors, according to the mainstream book, right? Let us use the Ukrainian flag motif on our profile photos on Facebook, Twitter, etc, even though we have never been there.
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Funt Solo on 14 March, 2022, 03:44:00 PM
Claiming neutrality is disingenuous when you spend your entire time repeating disinformation as if it's fact from one side (the invading side), defending the leader of one side (the invading side) and minimalizing attacks on civilians by one side (the invading side).

If you repeat the lies of a fascist, defend the honor of a fascist and excuse the crimes of a fascist, what does that make you?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

milstar

To use good ol' quote: I know what I am, but what are you?
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: milstar on 02 April, 2022, 09:16:07 PMI want to say that I have no recollection of anyone protesting or complaining about NATO intervening there. At least not in my neighbourhood, nor on the news.

Do you really not recall any protests against the Iraq invasion?  Holy feck. 
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Mudcrab

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 02 April, 2022, 11:53:13 PM
Quote from: milstar on 02 April, 2022, 09:16:07 PMI want to say that I have no recollection of anyone protesting or complaining about NATO intervening there. At least not in my neighbourhood, nor on the news.

They didn't show them on Russian TV
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

milstar

Nope. In fact, I do remember some neighnours saying "get that blighter Saddam!"

Quote from: Mudcrab on 03 April, 2022, 01:01:52 AM

They didn't show them on Russian TV

Very muddy comment. And because I remember your other comment directed at me, I think we shouldn't reply to each other, or they will, at least from my side, be very profane.

Quote from: Mudcrab on 03 March, 2022, 02:05:16 PM
Quote from: milstar on 03 March, 2022, 12:52:33 PM
As for "Putin is bad", I could say a few things pro-him and anti-him here, but I'd rather stay neutral on affairs like this

Fucking neutral? Maybe you're not a fascist, but you're certainly a cunt!

Mudcrab

Oh no, save me from your profanities! lol

I stand by my original comment, which I was warned about, but whatever.  Go fuck yourself, you Russian apologist piece of shit! You were a cunt then and you've proven yourself to be a cunt since, so fuck off back to your soviet facebook factory!

I'm sure my Ukrainian friends would agree that filth like you deserve to have their throat ripped out like every other Russian!

Slava Ukraini!

---------------------

Thankyou for reading my Fiends of the Eastern Front fan-fiction! :)

NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Funt Solo

Mudcrab - don't rise to milstar's bait - he's a not-very-subtle mixture of tin foil hat and trolling  - he's not worth your passion.

This thread has become so poisonous - it's either milstar planting his jackboots firmly and refusing to budge or our resident anarchist forcing everything into his narrow-prism world view. Or me reacting to it.

Man ... sad ... time to move on, I think.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

milstar

Aside from Funt rather wiseless repartee - Mudcrab, little braindead fuckers like yourself before spewing some ridiculous, disingenous amount of bullshit. You think I am Russian? Fine. I think you are 8 year old retard with cognitive disabilities. Sadly with the access to the computer.

You can tell that to your throat - ripping, likely Azov scum friends the same. The country you love so much is currently cesspit, and it was even before invasion. But I dare you creeps to try, even to reach my throat. In meantime, you can fuck off too. I hope to somewhere murky and sealed.