Gary Erskine
Gordon Rennie

anyone for a meet up?

David Lloyd
Mark Millar
Frank Quitely
Gary Erskine
Gordon Rennie

Check back in couple of days for updates!

DDT did a job on me

GordonR

Also confirmed on the con Facebook group today:

Colin MacNeil
Ferg Handley
Stevie White.

Buttonman

"These will be the first awards of there kind in Scotland celebrating independent creators, writers, artists and publishers."

Writing fail!

Sounds good, especially the beer drinking bit that I've infered. See you there!

Proudhuff

so two stars and two peons from this board..

any more?
DDT did a job on me

Keef Monkey

Might do, will need to do some enquiring first. Looks good though.

The Monarch

I might be up for this if i can figure out where it is :lol:

Dandontdare

Quote from: The monarch on 15 March, 2011, 12:21:05 PM
I might be up for this if i can figure out where it is :lol:

Keep heading up the M6 until you can't understand anyone any more and you've arrived.

I might go to this one as I can't make Bristol and there's no Hi-Ex. As it's only one day, I take it Saurday night rather than Friday will be the main boozing and whoring  social networking evening?

Satanist

Ticket bought. Dont know if I can actually make this but for the sake of £7.50 didnae want to risk missing out.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Satanist on 15 March, 2011, 12:36:02 PM
Ticket bought. Dont know if I can actually make this but for the sake of £7.50 didnae want to risk missing out.

jings yer a sensible laddie... as Gordon Jackson would say.

I should do the same, come payday
DDT did a job on me

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Grant Goggans

Quote from: Dandontdare on 15 March, 2011, 12:32:57 PM
Keep heading up the M6 until you can't understand anyone any more and you've arrived.

So, Birmingham then?

Emperor

The award is interesting:

QuoteScottish Independent Comic Book Awards

S.I.C.B.A is the first awards produced by the Glasgow Comic Con in recognition of creative talent in Scotland. We believe an award of this type is long overdue and celebrates the new wave of Scottish creative talent.

The competition is open to comic book, artists, writers and publishers who have created a graphic story telling work which was published between January 2010 and March 2011. Nominated shortlisted submissions will have the opportunity to display their work at the Glasgow Comic Con, have their work on sale, exhibit original pages and be awarded the first ever SICBA prizes.

Guidelines:

1. Your work must have been created in Scotland or have been created by a resident of Scotland or have a Scottish theme.
2. The submission must be in the form of a finished (printed and bound or digital PDF edition) comic book/graphic novel.
3. The content of the work is open to all types of story telling and visual styles.
4. Your entry must reach us before the submission deadline. Monday 2 May 2011
5. Content/Theme of entries that are of a violent, sexual or offensive nature or contain expletives will be considered in context of the overall work and taken under advisement and discussion with the artist/writer/publisher and submission panel.

The Award:

All shortlisted submissions will:

- Be part of the Glasgow Comic Con 18 June 2011.
- Showcased in the first S.I.C.B.A exhibition (July/Sep 2011 date tbc); hosted at the Mackintosh hall in The
Mackintosh Church, Arts & Heritage Centre
- Stock a temporary 'pop up' indy comic shop the duration of the exhibition. (Where your comics will be on sale, you
receive the money for your sales)

Award Categories:

The Mackintosh Creative Design Award for Best Comic Book/Graphic Novel - 10 nominations
Best Artist Award - 5 nominations
Best Writer Award - 5 nominations

www.glasgowcomiccon.co.uk/sicba_submissiondetails.pdf

We must surely have folks here who would qualify, especially in the artist and writer category.

Rich wouldn't you qualify? As might Turning Tiger?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Emperor

Quote from: Emperor on 12 April, 2011, 02:02:52 AMWe must surely have folks here who would qualify, especially in the artist and writer category.

Well, what I'd overlooked is I'm kinda eligible so Alex, I and Vampire Vixens are submitted for consideration (although, obviously, it is Alex who deserves the win in all those categories, I'm just along to offer sexual favours to the judges, if they don't vote for Alex - more a threat than a bribe ;) ). Seriously, I'd forget my own arse, if my parents hadn't superglued it on when I was a nipper.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+