Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Red Seas vs. Canon Fodder Round 2 Heat 58

Started by Colin YNWA, 07 March, 2022, 06:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue Judge

AlexF

Red Seas put in the work, and those first two series really are magical romps through Film Fantasy land, a spirit which is occasinnoalyl recaptured for the rest of its run.

But Canon Fodder is pure bonkers joy all the way through. Yes, Millar's story is amazingly childish but Weston makes the most of it, and then Kek-W at least tries to pull out something intelligent from the muck. I can't in good consicence call it a better comic, but boy is Canon Fodder something I 'd be happy to see more of, even with another artist.

The Monarch

heres your one vote from me colin :D

yeah i know red seas is great and i love it but....that kek-w second series and chris westons art. i am sorry i am weak

Colin YNWA

Colin YNWA

Little doubt which way this is going, but Red Seas has taken a bit of a broadside here, how bad that pounding is we'll know tomorrow morning when I close the vote and count up.

Buttonman

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well the cliche 'Game of two halves' was created for this tie, quite an incredible turn around. Red Seas set sail right from the off and stormed into a seeingly unassailable lead. Hauling in vote after vote. But then... then... well like a giant shark Canon Fodder leap out and struck and took almost all the votes in the second half, tearing Red Seas lead apart. BUT vicious and dramatic as that assault was, just as when Jack and crew lost their ship the strip kept going strongly and battered and bruised

Red Seas

just about hung onto its lead and limped into the port of Round 3.