Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: pops1983 on 15 September, 2012, 10:59:33 PM
I just heard the tragic news that the promising young Ulster Rugby star, Nevin Spence, his brother and his father have died in a farming accident

Felt totally sick reading that news. Absolutely horrible.

Goaty

Two female police officers died in the duty in Greater Manchester,

sad thought, as my brother in the force.

:(

Zarjazzer

Terrible news. You should't go off on a shift and come back in a coffin.all my sympathies to their families,friends & colleagues.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Goaty on 18 September, 2012, 01:56:34 PM
Two female police officers died in the duty in Greater Manchester,

sad thought, as my brother in the force.

:(

Watching it on the news right now. Bloody terrible.
I suppose we can take a very very small crumb of comfort from the fact that this is such a rare event.

Something Fishy

Andy Williams.  RIP.

Zanti Misfit

Very sad about Andy Williams passing away.  :( Wonderful voice - saw him in concert about ten years ago.  Me and the Mrs had a mini tribute to him last night; wine and songs and stuff.  Goodbye to the King of Easy.

Daveycandlish

Another great gone - Herbert Lom. I'm off to watch The Ladykillers and Gambit in tribute
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Dunk!

Sad about Herbert Lom, but 95 is a good innings.

One of my favourite moments from any Ealing film is in The Ladykillers when Lom casually offers Peter Sellars' nervous teddyboy thug a flick knife to use in murdering the old dear. Classic stuff.
"Trust we"

Zanti Misfit

Herbert Lom played Captain Nemo in one of my childhood faves; 'Mysterious Island'  Loved that film!
Farewell Herbert.

Keef Monkey

Johnny Lewis (Half Sack in Sons of Anarchy). Murder suicide during some sort of suspected PCP rampage.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/27/sons-of-anarchy-actor-johnny-lewis-double-death-los-feliz-los-angeles/

Heath C Ackley

Herbet Lom was a great character actor. I remember him in Hell Drivers!
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Spikes

Herbert Lom was great wasnt he. Loved him in the 1972 Amicus film Asylum.
RIP.

Zarjazzer

Michael O'Hare -best known for Jeffrey Sinclair of Babylon 5. :'( Sorry to see Herbert Lom go as well.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Daveycandlish

Bloody hell - shocked. 60 is no age
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Third Estate Ned

Important and popular historian Eric Hobsbawm died today aged 95.