Main Menu

The Trailer Thread

Started by radiator, 16 November, 2011, 02:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 20 July, 2019, 07:36:33 AM
Wait till you see the Box Office, it'll be massive.

The success of The Greatest Showman and Bohemian Rhapsody suggest this could be the first film for your mum to join Marvel's stuff in the Billionaire's Boys' Club.

Personally, I would like to have sex with all of those cats.

JOE SOAP

I think this thing just destroyed all its financial 9 lives in one fell swoop — it's also scheduled for release on Christmas Day in the US where Episode IX will be in full lightsaber swing.

A collective mania at work in it being made at all likely caused by toxoplasma gondii where the addition of James Corden seemed a perfectly sound and reasonable decision, and all the crazy cat people nodded in agreement.

Quote from: Frank on 20 July, 2019, 07:54:07 AMPersonally, I would like to have sex with all of those cats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4OhIU-PmB8

Frank

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 20 July, 2019, 08:12:37 AM
I think this thing just destroyed all its financial 9 lives in one fell swoop — it's scheduled for release on Christmas Day in the US where Episode IX will be in full lightsaber swing

Yeah, but I think this one could have a long tail.

Hawkmumbler

Well....CATS has always been utter kack anyway.

TordelBack

Quote from: Frank on 20 July, 2019, 08:31:30 AM

Not on the Isle of Man.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Frank on 20 July, 2019, 08:31:30 AM

That only works if, like The Greatest Showman, it's the cat's meow and has good word of mouth. Maybe it will be great but I'm not convinced by the trailer it is.

rogue69

JOE SOAP

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 13 August, 2019, 05:28:52 PM
The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance (full trailer)

That looks utterly gorgeous. There's an Age of Resistance [url+https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/the-dark-crystal/66021/dark-crystal-age-of-resistance-tie-in-comic-to-expand-netflix-show-s-story]tie-in comic coming from BOOM[/url] as well, that also looks very lovely.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

radiator

I agree with Tordels - Cats is going to be a huge, baffling smash hit. One of those films like Mama Mia that is somehow massive, despite you not personally knowing anyone that has actually seen it.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: radiator on 13 August, 2019, 05:51:28 PM
I agree with Tordels - Cats is going to be a huge, baffling smash hit. One of those films like Mama Mia that is somehow massive, despite you not personally knowing anyone that has actually seen it.

Never doubt the everlasting power of ABBA.

radiator

I'll go one further - I think not only will Cats be a hit, I also think Rise of Skywalker is going to significantly underperform. It certainly won't bomb, but I think it will do 'badly' (ie - struggle or even fail to crack a billion) enough that people will be taken aback somewhat.

Frank

The stage version of Cats has made $3.5 billion and Lloyd-Webber movies make 3-5 times budget - even one directed by Joel Schumacher and starring Gerard Butler returned double.

wedgeski

Rise of Skywalker's performance will be telling for the future of the franchise, that's for sure. I expect it to be great, in that frustratingly imperfect way that most JJA films are great. Disney's handling of Star Wars has been all over the place, but you can't deny they've thrown everything they've got at it. I rate Rogue One as second only to Empire, and I never would have expected that five years ago.