Main Menu

Eagle Comics Wanted for COMPLETE DOOMLORD project

Started by robert_ellis, 03 September, 2012, 05:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazooka Joe

Sorry for the multiple posts! I was trying to edit my reply and managed to repost..  :-[

robert_ellis

I really loved the House of Daemon - the earlier stories seemed better planned. Eagle suffered from having 3 page strips which was barely enough for a recap and cliffhanger. I'd love to see the Ortiz art from Eagle get the love it deserves. I thought thirteenth floor had a great long run - and strong scripts.

robert_ellis

moly

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Compositor58

Hi there. It's been a while since the last post on your blog. How is the project going? Are you near completing your task? I would be very interested in purchasing a set of your scans so I can print my own set. All the best.

Compositor58

Hi there. It's been a while since the last post on your blog. How is the project going? Are you near completing your task? I would be very interested in purchasing a set of your scans so I can print my own set. All the best.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

robert_ellis

I've never sold copies of any of my books. I'd happily work with the original copyright holders if such a thing was possible to help the books get back into print. I really think the THIRTEENTH FLOOR and DOOMLORD deserve reprinting and in casefile type volumes.

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Bazooka Joe

Quote from: robert_ellis on 13 November, 2013, 04:27:02 PM
I've never sold copies of any of my books. I'd happily work with the original copyright holders if such a thing was possible to help the books get back into print. I really think the THIRTEENTH FLOOR and DOOMLORD deserve reprinting and in casefile type volumes.

Amen to that. All of the Ortiz strips I would buy in a heartbeat. I've been reading Doomlord again recently and I love it.

spellmba

Hi guys. Did this project ever get off the ground?

Compositor58

Hi Robert. Just wondering if you are interested in selling the scans for your books so I can make a copy? All the best.

robert_ellis

I'd only like to work with a copyright holder to get an official reprint off the ground. I went to NICE comic con a week ago and got Wagner to sign my first complete Doomlord hardback. I don't think I'd be much of a fan if I sold his work without his permission. It took me over a year to track down, scan, retouch & print out the 1200+ pages of Doomlord. So if you love this stuff so much plough through eBay where you can buy eagle comics dirt cheap and get scanning - it's well worth it!

Compositor58

Hi Robert, 

Thanks very much. I do have every edition of the New Eagle comic. Looks like I am going to be very busy!! 

All the best,   

Dave