Main Menu

What's everyone listening to...?

Started by Gonk, 01 February, 2012, 09:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonk

Quote from: bigjobs67 on 18 February, 2012, 01:07:37 PM
The mighty Wedding Present. George Best Plus.
Wonky are you using this thread to show off your impressive vinyl collection? Lol.
Not got any Dead kennedys. Will have to rectify.

It's more open ended than that. It's just what I happen to be listening to at the time. I mainly play vinyl records because I prefer them but I also play cd's and download stuff as well. I like all sorts of music and not just one type or style and like to hear what others' are listening to as it may get me into something different. Suprised you haven't anything by DK's bigjobs, they made some brilliant albums and are always worth are listen to. My favourite of their's is "Bedtime For Democracy", I have the vinyl gatefold edition of that which comes with a spoof newspaper by Winston Smith.

Got this on at the moment: Judas Priest's Screaming For Vengeance album.
coming at a cinema near you soon

Spikes

Been listening to, and watching (Take it or leave it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiuAh7Rs5J0 ) Camdens finest this morning. Madness really couldnt do anything wrong in those early years.

bigjobs67

Quote from: fonky on 18 February, 2012, 01:34:56 PM
Quote from: bigjobs67 on 18 February, 2012, 01:07:37 PM
The mighty Wedding Present. George Best Plus.
Wonky are you using this thread to show off your impressive vinyl collection? Lol.
Not got any Dead kennedys. Will have to rectify.

It's more open ended than that. It's just what I happen to be listening to at the time. I mainly play vinyl records because I prefer them but I also play cd's and download stuff as well. I like all sorts of music and not just one type or style and like to hear what others' are listening to as it may get me into something different. Suprised you haven't anything by DK's bigjobs, they made some brilliant albums and are always worth are listen to. My favourite of their's is "Bedtime For Democracy", I have the vinyl gatefold edition of that which comes with a spoof newspaper by Winston Smith.

Got this on at the moment: Judas Priest's Screaming For Vengeance album.
Yeah I'm the same. If I like it I'll listen to it from Jazz to Regga to classical. Pretty much open anything really (but have to admitt can't bare that awful Doom Metal and the like. I'm just to old for that shit. Lol) I've got a small and eclectic vinyl collection myself and bought an Ion record deck cause I wanted to transfer the it all onto my I Pod, but still haven't got round to doin that yet. I'm ashamed to admit I don't have any DKs but will go off your recommendation. As for Judas Priest! Again not got any but I'll give em a go.
Cheers Fonky mate.
Quote from: Judge Jack on 18 February, 2012, 02:21:43 PM
Been listening to, and watching (Take it or leave it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiuAh7Rs5J0 ) Camdens finest this morning. Madness really couldnt do anything wrong in those early years.
They were the bollocks weren't they. As a teenager a mates older brother who massively into two tone and scar and got me into their really early stuff. Loved it. Will have to revisit pronto.
'Overwhelming, I'm I not!

Gonk

Quote from: Judge Jack on 18 February, 2012, 02:21:43 PM

Sound. That was in the days when music videos were fun to watch.

Gonk

Gonk

bigjobs67

Hi Fonk. Bought DK's "Give Me Convenience" album instead of the one you recommended. Only because it's got "Holiday in Cambodia" on it which I love. Great fuckin album. Me and my son were rockin out to it on the way back from the Trafford Centre in the car. I must of been doin about 90. Aosum.

Gonk

Plastic Surgery Disasters is one you'd like the most bigjobs.
Today I'm mainly listening to...

Gonk

bigjobs67

Gonk

it's too early for that kind of thing...

this morning I'm listening mainly to SURFA ROSA by the Pixies; and Vengeance by The New Model Army.

Gonk

Just playing...

"In Absentia" by Porcupine Tree. This is the last album of theirs that I really liked.

Gonk

Frank Black's "Honeycomb" album is tonights choice. Listening to this makes you wonder if it's the same noisy frontman from the Pixies, but it is. Some really deep songs on this album. Sounds fantastic.

SquashedFly

The soothing sounds of my laptop cooling pad.

With some Chameleons thrown in.

Gonk

This morning I'm waking up to the dulcet tones of..

"Hawks and Doves" by Neil Young.