Main Menu

What's everyone listening to...?

Started by Gonk, 01 February, 2012, 09:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Anyone here a fan of one Vincent Price? Well there are a shit tone of his audio series, The Price of fear, on YT. Just listend to Blind Mans Bluff and it's a perfect format for horror serials.

Frank

You know the bit in Dumb and Dumber where Jim Carrey's character asks his fellow passengers if they want to hear the most annoying sound in the world?

DJFRESH

JamesC

Right this minute I'm listening to 'Where Are You Baby?' by Betty Boo.

Frank

Quote from: JamesC on 05 November, 2013, 06:44:10 PM

Classic. Up there with Doin' The Do, but Hey DJ edges it.

JamesC

Quote from: sauchie on 05 November, 2013, 07:06:04 PM
Quote from: JamesC on 05 November, 2013, 06:44:10 PM

Classic. Up there with Doin' The Do, but Hey DJ edges it.

I like Hey DJ but I prefer Betty's less aggressive persona in the solo material.

Tiplodocus

The rather marvellous PUBLIC SERVICE BROADCAST at the Oran Mor last night.  Fantastic stuff from truly talented musicians.  Sampletastic!
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

SuperSurfer

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 06 November, 2013, 12:34:12 PM
The rather marvellous PUBLIC SERVICE BROADCAST at the Oran Mor last night.  Fantastic stuff from truly talented musicians.  Sampletastic!
Nice one. I've posted stuff about them on this thread, but thought I must be the only one around here into them. I'm seeing them week after next.

amines2058

Listening to Muse's 2nd Law album again as I have to take my son (massive Muse fan) to the cinema tonight to watch the limited cinema preview of their 2nd law Tour DVD. Filmed in 4K ultra HD apparently though so should be interesting to watch, and must be better than decorating the kitchen!!

Hmmm should this be in last film I watched :-* :-*

I, Cosh

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 06 November, 2013, 12:34:12 PM
Cool. Keep meaning to listen to that album . Maybe I'll try it today.

This week I have been mostly listening to the new Bardo Pond album. It's good and all but I keep buying these and I don't think they've ever bettered the first one I got, On the Ellipse.

Here's a rundown of what I'll be listening to in Turin this weekend. As you can see, just the Fs make for a cracking line-up.
We never really die.

Noisybast

I keep trying to listen to Motörhead's new album, "Aftershock", but I keep getting interrupted.
I've listened to various bits of it several times, but I've yet to get all the way through it.
Tsk. Modern life, eh?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Noisybast on 07 November, 2013, 02:10:09 PM
I keep trying to listen to Motörhead's new album, "Aftershock", but I keep getting interrupted.
I've listened to various bits of it several times, but I've yet to get all the way through it.
Tsk. Modern life, eh?

I've given up trying to absorb an album in one go these days.  It's bloody impossible!  Instead I've taken to playing the same CD in the car for several weeks while I ferry the kids around to their various events and social gatherings.  I've absorbed Midnite Vultures that way (bloody superb album!), and hopefully will do the same with The Information when it turns up next week.

CrazyFoxMachine

I just got a bit of abuse on rateyourmusic - ! :D I honestly live for this kind of thing.

"Do you listen to anything that isn't dad rock, necbeard and fedora-core inspired music???"

Frankly, if any of those things was quantified as a genre I'd be all over it.

Hawkmumbler

dracula1

Arcade Fires new album. A bit of Clash influence stuff on there too, . . . awesome!

pictsy

Today and yesterday I have been listening to The White Stripes album discography.