Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

athorist: lucky you. But their support page is littered with people who have major problems getting these books. My experience isn't unique.

Tomontherun94

Yeah, got mine today in a black plastic bag. Luckily the books themselves were okay but there was no opt-out letter. Not really an issue as I was gonna get the special anyway but not great for anyone that doesn't check their online account regularly. Hopefully the bags aren't a permanent thing, a lot less eco-friendly and the cardboard boxes were pretty good for things like eBay.

athorist

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 30 January, 2020, 06:44:00 PM
athorist: lucky you. But their support page is littered with people who have major problems getting these books. My experience isn't unique.

I'm literally saying I've  been getting the books far later than you ever have, and you tell me I'm lucky?

I don't think I've ever gotten a book before the on-sale date, and at one point last year we were all a month behind
You need light here even in the morning
Compared to this St Petersburg was nothing

The Fall - No Bulbs

IndigoPrime

I thought you meant all of the crap hadn't happened to you. Regardless, Hachette's way of dealing with subs is baffling. No other publisher I've ever dealt with has been this shoddy. Even Titian's mess with the Doctor Who compilation for UK newsstands has been superior – and being worse than that takes some serious effort.

James Stacey

black plastic bag. Mashed corners on my Dante. Mail sent to Hachette. How long do they usually take to reply ?

IndigoPrime

Email? No idea. Messenger is usually a better bet – under a week.

TordelBack

Theur beloved black plastic bag does delicate frames of miniature space soldiers no favours either.

I think my Warhammer partwork sub has settled into a steady 6 weeks behind shelf date at this point. This suits me fine, TBH, as I have a huge backlog of hobbying to get through, and Hachette do occasionally send me apologies, but it is an odd way to reward the subscription base that their business model depends on.

dossa1uk

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 31 January, 2020, 12:43:37 PM
Email? No idea. Messenger is usually a better bet – under a week.

I called them this week, and the agent suggested phone was the quickest route these days, as they have changed CS provider.  Messenger used to be the quickest, no doubt, but I've got a query parked in there for over a fortnight now. 

Customer Service contract for Hachette.  Thankless. 

Colin Zeal

As a postman I get to see how Hachette send out parcels and it doesn't make me want to order anything from them. It's all in the flimsiest packaging possible.

moogie101

Quote from: Colin Zeal on 31 January, 2020, 05:41:01 PM
As a postman I get to see how Hachette send out parcels and it doesn't make me want to order anything from them. It's all in the flimsiest packaging possible.

I never had any problems with the cardboard sleeves they used, but these plastic bags are insane. Any amount they're saving on postage must be more than offset by the amount of replacement books they'll have to send out every month.

IndigoPrime

It's variable. The standard card packages have been fine. The ones that temporarily replaced them – snug; precisely form-fitting; no extra card at the ends – were a disaster, because they didn't protect the corners. Anything sent out that's over two books is usually shipped in a massive cardboard box. I ordered ten Transformers books once. They had to re-ship four, and provide another one because they got a volume wrong.

The latest plastic thing takes the biscuit though. It must be a temporary thing, surely.

Gary James

Not sure if it is all still correct, but their contact info is... extensive. I'm not sure if this is encouraging - that they see their shitty service in the past needs rectified - or if it is depressing - the volume of complaints was too much for one person to handle.

Don't those phone numbers look tempting? I mean, they must want you to call them with your problems. Go on then...  :D

sintec

It is amazing that a company whose core business model is "post things to people regularly" can be so crap at posting things to people on a regular schedule.

Jade Falcon

Give WH Smith's their due, only had problems once and that was one of the more recent Slaine books but a lot of people had problems with that one.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Woolly

Just received the most recent delivery for me (Slaine and Stront - no idea how behind I am!) and they were in the recyclable bag. *Slight* corner damage, but nothing I care about.

Just to ask, but are squished corners really such a problem? If you're planning to re-sell them then definately, but for the completionist who will never sell them (myself *cough*) is it really such a big deal?

Sorry if this seems a bit blase, I'm just curious as to others feelings on this....