Main Menu

Mega City Book Club - a new podcast about 2000AD books

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 23 May, 2016, 08:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonn Clarke

Mega City Book Club is my new podcast about 2000AD collected editions. The format is myself and a different guest each episode discussing the book they have chosen. You can find full details on my blog here:
http://www.megacitybookclub.com/

or the facebook page at:
https://www.facebook.com/Megacitybookclub

For the first show I am joined by Simon Belmont to discuss Dan Dare vol 1.
I published the episode yesterday and have submitted it to iTunes for approval to get it in their directory but in the meantime you can subscribe through iTunes or any podcatcher by using the feed address:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/MegaCityBookClub

I am a 2000AD enthusiast but not an expert and I'm sure there will be minor errors and oversights along the way, please feel free to correct me.

And please consider coming on the podcast as a guest, get in touch with the book you would like to talk about. Any 2000AD collection is fair game, including individual volumes of the case files, or allied titles that graced the Meg such as Scarlet Traces or Preacher to pick just two examples out of my left brain.

Coming up in the next couple of months will be:

Episode 2: The Complete America with Pete Wells
Episode 3: The Cursed Earth (Titan editions) with Jim Moon
Episode 4: Devlin Waugh: Swimming in Blood with Tony Richards

Other books that have been picked for future shows are (in no particular order)
Dredd: Origins
Button Man: Get Harry Ex
Gold Tiger
D.R. & Quinch
Zenith phase 1
Satan's Island

Have a listen and let me know what you think.
Cheers
Eamonn

Eamonn Clarke

and you probably won't be too surprised to hear that there is a linked justgiving page for Cancer Research UK.

This won't be a podcast that looks for sponsorship, freebies, or asks listeners for help with the running costs.
Instead if you like what you hear you might donate a quid to a good cause at:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/megacitybookclub

And many thanks to the kind and generous souls who have done so already

Pete Wells

Notice how there is a necessary gap between myself and professional broadcaster Tony Richards. I believe Tony specifically requested this as he was worried my posh accent would show him up.

Steve Green

You'd probably want to slowly progress up or down the accents, or end up with the linguistic equivalent of the bends...

Dash Decent

I like the title you've chosen Eamonn, though when I first saw the post listed I thought it must be the next topic for the written story competition!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dandontdare

I understand why you approached Pete Wells, he's such a podcast whore, he'll sound off for anyone on any subject for the promise of a Gregg's pasty.

Eamonn Clarke

and now searchable on itunes!

And the guests' fees are never discussed in public, only at the bar.  ;)

Dash Decent

'Advanced, forthright, signifficant,' i repli, kicking off the mud from my footer boots
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Hawkmumbler

Nicely done, eamonn, and a brilliant topic for the first episode!

Pete Wells

Quote from: Dandontdare on 24 May, 2016, 06:09:39 PM
I understand why you approached Pete Wells, he's such a podcast whore, he'll sound off for anyone on any subject for the promise of a Gregg's pasty.

Greggs pasty and a cuddle.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Pete Wells on 25 May, 2016, 10:53:04 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 24 May, 2016, 06:09:39 PM
Greggs pasty and a cuddle.
Like the corned beef pasty, Greggs don't sell those in Scotland.
We never really die.

Eamonn Clarke

Cheers, guys. Simon and I appreciate the support for the first episode.
And huge thanks to Molch-R and TMO for the tweet and the link in the Thrill mail.

Pasty supplies permitting Mr Pete Wells and I will be continuing the search for America on Sunday 5th June.

Dodsy

Listened to the first episode driving home last night and really enjoyed it. Have already subscribed on iTunes and looking forward to the next show.

Would be great to hear some shows about Preacher, Nikolai Dante, the Dredd mega epic and Button Man in future shows (to name but a few).
Twitter - @dodsy84