Main Menu

Newbie question issue 1 2000 AD

Started by 1Dunno, 30 December, 2008, 11:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1Dunno

Hello members,

New to 2000 AD. I have recently picked up an almost complete collection with annuals etc. My question refers to the 1st issue I have, it appears to be a cut out (cutting lines printed on edges of page) and smaller than other issues (front is colour). Is this the actual 1st issue or an early revision type printing.

Thank you.

Leigh S

It is possibly the version they rerpinted in progs 300 onwards - is it half the size of the other issues? do your progs 300 onwards have pages cut out?  If so, i'd say thats what it is

Buttonman

Hi there and welcome.

What you have sounds like the reprinted Prog 1 given away with Prog 300. Certainly functional as far as reading it goes and cheaper than the £25+ you'd pay for a real space spinner free prog 1. Unless you paid £25 for the micro version in which case can I interest you in some magic beans?!
Prog 300

1Dunno

Was in the job lot.

Thank you for the clarification.

TordelBack

Quote...in which case can I interest you in some magic beans?!

Magic beans that can grow a huge beanstalk almost instantly, giving access to a levitating world of giants where a gold-egg-laying goose and a singing harp are there for the taking?  Why yes, yes you can.

Jack gets a bum rap, IMHO.  That was a mighty fine trade for one lousy cow.

Buttonman

Quote from: "TordelBack"
Quote...in which case can I interest you in some magic beans?!

Magic beans that can grow a huge beanstalk almost instantly, giving access to a levitating world of giants where a gold-egg-laying goose and a singing harp are there for the taking?  Why yes, yes you can.

Jack gets a bum rap, IMHO.  

Yeah but that bean stalk would be a bugger on your foundations and falling giants are excluded under most building insurance policies.

QuoteThat was a mighty fine trade for one lousy cow

I'd thank you for not refering to my wife in that manner. That's my job.