Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTooN

Pleased you picked him up mate, hopefully they sell out everywhere and keep 3A's bean counters happy. Gregory said they barely sold 200 units on Bamba which wasnt a good sign.

Theres something wonderful about Sam, get over the initial wtf period and he grows on you like nothing other than a 2000ad character can. I've spent more time fiddling with/modifying Sam than on ANY other toy I've ever owned.  Because he's worth it  ;)

Last week I took the diagonal hoop off the bandolier, moved it high as it would go and reglued. Its maybe 5mm longer overall but sits lower around the waist which helps a lot when I'm trying to pose him. Few mm of paint missing where I moved it but Cutie or his bag cover it so no biggie.

I've gone from having steam coming out of my ears when I saw the boots to ecstasy 'ITS A ROBO HUNTER TOY' and everywhere in-between. Gregory explained (patiently) that it was the first and yeah its not perfect but hopefully its a learning curve. Alpha wont have solid boots and neither does Dredd.

SIP

Yeah, can't explain why I like it really, it should irritate me, but he is really fun to mess about with. Plus he has a cigar, and that's cool.

Yeah, that strap can be a pain.....but it hurts too much for me to mod such an expensive figure. I'm fine with customisation on black series, but more hesitant at this price point.

COMMANDO FORCES

He looks great behind his plastic protection bubble  :lol: :lol: :lol:

TheTooN

Card art is beautiful and it did bother me a little to take Sam out. That said I get my kicks from posing so he was never going to stay in there. I dont know how you have the willpower.

I wouldnt call myself a custom guy by any means, just frustrated and ok with glue. Diagonal strap fits on the belt with 2 tiny little rubber pegs/holes. One came off when I was posing him so I'd already had to glue it back on once. I got fed up of the belt riding up too high so pulled both off. It was a 30 second job to move them and glue up and its stopped me grumbling. Just those boots now !!

teckno viking

Well look forward to mine landing (hopefully this coming week) and have a play with and Trinker :D

TheTooN

I want your honest first impressions fella ! He's a grower so dont wait.....I blasted it both barrels about 30 mins after opening him. Felt quite bad about it for a bit but even Gregory said he understood how I felt about lack of artic on the boots.

TheTooN

While I'm on......how drokking long does it take to get mod approval on Fwoosh ? Posted twice on Mezco topic. Assumed must be a new member thread to hit first, posted there and still got 'Mod approval required' message.

I did my toy apprenticeship on forums and have always enjoyed them. Since Facebook its lost a lot of its appeal. Ages between posts/comments, no like/gratz system, hard to gauge interest or annoyance.

teckno viking

Will do Scott give a first hand straight from the packet account. The Boots I know about as 3A are lazy in that Dept.  Though already have ideas for making pleather ones.

As doe FWOOSH, Yeah took me sometime too. I think you need get so many posts under your belt mate. I just kept posting and so they are filled with "To clear posts" to know your not going away.

Dreddzilla

Forgive me for asking, but when is the first batch of Judge Dredd figures supposed to ship?

BPP

Quote from: Dreddzilla on 17 May, 2016, 01:46:28 PM
Forgive me for asking, but when is the first batch of Judge Dredd figures supposed to ship?

Last time Gregory said anything, a few weeks back, was that they were on schedual - the listing was '2nd Q 2016' so that's likely June / start July in 3A terms. It would be rare for them to actually ship on time so realistically I'd say you're looking at 'in hand' late July.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

teckno viking

On FB Gregory said All set for June (no mention early/late). So Anytime after that Hopefully as BPP says.

COMMANDO FORCES

teckno viking

Ahhhh  :o JB they NEVER did state that part  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

teckno viking

Well my first ThreeA 2000ad figure arrives today (out for delivery). So will give a first impression of SAM SLADE once he is here.

Had a word with Mezco Dredd to be Nice to him, here as an adviser for prevention of ROBOT Uprising seems to have gained him some respect from old Stoney Face.

SIP

I love my sam slade, messing about with it all week. Don't expect anything in the same league as the quality of mezco one:12 though, it's miles away.