Main Menu

BATMAN White Knight

Started by Proudhuff, 08 December, 2017, 07:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 30 August, 2019, 08:46:39 AM
I've now got the trade for the first series of this in my towering 'to read' pile - I look forward to getting to it in about a year...

Bolt, slip it to the top o the pile, its worth it  :thumbsup:
DDT did a job on me

IronGraham

Who here is getting the sequel  series?
We're werewolves not swearwolves

JamesC

I liked White Knight but didn't love it.
To be honest,[spoiler] I thought they bottled it with the Joker thing. I'd have preferred it if the 'cure' had stuck and this alternate form of the Joker had really fulfilled his potential.
I also thought it would have worked better as a stand alone 'graphic novel' rather that as a six issue mini. The six issue format made the pacing a little odd and it felt a bit stretched in parts, and rushed in others.
The two Harley's thing was very clever though.[/spoiler]

Proudhuff

Quote from: JamesC on 02 September, 2019, 02:11:38 PM
I liked White Knight but didn't love it.
To be honest,[spoiler] I thought they bottled it with the Joker thing. I'd have preferred it if the 'cure' had stuck and this alternate form of the Joker had really fulfilled his potential.
I also thought it would have worked better as a stand alone 'graphic novel' rather that as a six issue mini. The six issue format made the pacing a little odd and it felt a bit stretched in parts, and rushed in others.
The two Harley's thing was very clever though.[/spoiler]

This ^^^ It would have been stunning if [spoiler] the 'cure' had stuck and this alternate form of the Joker had really fulfilled his potential.[/spoiler] and there was a whole Batworld where [spoiler]Bruce was slowly stripped of all his money, power, acolytes, bat-bits and the Joker and Harley became and stayed the darlings of the metro-elite and Batty just couldn't take it and goes as crazy as the Joker was...[/spoiler]
DDT did a job on me

Link Prime

Finished issue 3 last night; I'm back on board.

The set-up is getting far more interesting and the world building is just fantastic.
Love Azrael's tweaked design and the call-backs to Knightfall.

As with the first series, we're once again in the realm of 'anything goes'; [spoiler]Bruce's[/spoiler] identity has now been revealed, Harley is [spoiler]pregnant with Joker's twins[/spoiler] and [spoiler]Jim[/spoiler] just got shish kebab-ed.

As for the artwork; I think SGM is getting better and better.
Joker's expression of comprehension and disgust as he read the Arkham secret in flashback sequence has to be one of he best panels of 2019.
SGM is THE most exciting comic book artist of our times.

Link Prime

Issue 4 was consumed last night, and I'm happy to report the standard remains peerless.

SGM is to a Batman comic as Wagner & MacNeil are to Dredd.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Link Prime on 30 October, 2019, 04:06:23 PM
Issue 4 was consumed last night, and I'm happy to report the standard remains peerless.

SGM is to a Batman comic as Wagner & MacNeil are to Dredd.

Second that, another issue and another [spoiler]death?[/spoiler] This is what the big two should be dishing up.
DDT did a job on me

Link Prime

Finished Curse of the White Knight during lock-down, and have to say it was a thrilling conclusion; [spoiler]Several major characters dead and a revealed Bruce Wayne now serving hard time[/spoiler].
There is definitely more mileage in this pocket universe, so I hope SGM returns to it someday.

He currently has a crowd funding graphic novel available; https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-plot-holes/x/18539562#/

Not too bowled over by the pitch, but I had to back it, love his stuff.
The price of fandom comes in at around €60 in this case however - and that's only for the soft cover option.
Bloody international shipping fees.