Main Menu

Dagon (2001)

Started by Beeks, 03 July, 2011, 10:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beeks

Anyone seen this? Set in a Spanish town but based on Lovecraft's Shadow Over Innsmouth

Worth tracking down?
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

SmallBlueThing

One of my favourite films, that. And the only lovecraft adaptation that has come anywhere close to the feel of the man's work. Haven't seen it in a few years, as it's one of those films that always gets close to the dvd player but doesnt seem to make it in- i think largely because my wife wasnt as keen as i was. But yes, brilliant little movie- and responsible, along with the sublime Wendigo (and fessenden's follow-up The Last Winter) for my not giving horror films up as a bad job so far this millennium.
SBT

locustsofdeath!

It's okay...but well worth seeing if only for the performance of the beautiful Macarena Gomez, who looks a bit like Barbara Steele! Her eyes are intense - she's been a crush of mine since I saw this.

Cthulouis

You can get it real cheap too. I think both myself and the misses got ours for a pound each (we both bought one before we got together).