Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 25 March, 2011, 11:25:45 PM
I saw my MP tonight.

She promised to help with our village's inadequate drains.

Woop de doo doo, pass her a shovel.

It's the Big Society - she'll find a way for you and your neighbours to arrange a more cost effective way of disposing with your faeces, rather than expecting the State to do it for you.

Seriously GO TO LONDON TOMORROW everyone! If you think what we're being told is shit, then come and march - adding yourself to the numbers does have an effect!

COMMANDO FORCES

Go to London, you do realise that some of us have jobs to go to!
I hope you will be planting trees to offset all the carbon that you will be using to get there!

House of Usher

Quote from: Dandontdare on 25 March, 2011, 11:22:05 PM
Did I mention that I have to get up at five bloody thirty in the bastard morning to exercise my democratic rights? Arsebiscuit.

That's nothing. I get up at 5.00 in the morning three days a week (7.00 on Sundays) to pay my mortgage and put food on the table! At least you're getting a day out.

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 26 March, 2011, 01:10:09 AM
Go to London, you do realise that some of us have jobs to go to!
I hope you will be planting trees to offset all the carbon that you will be using to get there!

And what is it you do in this job you have to go to? Does it release much carbon dioxide? Plant a lot of trees, do you?
;)

STRIKE !!!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Dandontdare on 25 March, 2011, 11:37:49 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 25 March, 2011, 11:25:45 PM
I saw my MP tonight.

She promised to help with our village's inadequate drains.

Woop de doo doo, pass her a shovel.

It's the Big Society - she'll find a way for you and your neighbours to arrange a more cost effective way of disposing with your faeces, rather than expecting the State to do it for you.

Seriously GO TO LONDON TOMORROW everyone! If you think what we're being told is shit, then come and march - adding yourself to the numbers does have an effect!

Good luck, DDD- Bou's down in the middle of that somewhere too!

The Legendary Shark

Good luck to everyone involved in the march.

I'm with you in spirit.

Watch out for those agents provocateurs and try not to get kettled!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

uncle fester

Protesters heading for London to voice their outrage and frustration. Cameron et al heading to the river to watch the boat race.

I, Cosh

I look forward to the conflicting estimates of the turnout.
We never really die.

Old Tankie

Oh, there'll be millions!  ;) And all well-behaved!

Steve Green

I was wondering how much they spent on Vuvuzelas and inflatable giant scissors?

House of Usher

Quote from: Steve Green on 26 March, 2011, 05:10:14 PM

Not nearly as much as one might spend on skiing in Klosters, dinner at the Ritz or a hamper from Fortnum and Mason.
STRIKE !!!

Dandontdare

On way home on a bus full of pissed up psych  nurses. A grand day out!

Steve Green

Quote from: House of Usher on 26 March, 2011, 07:41:20 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 26 March, 2011, 05:10:14 PM

Not nearly as much as one might spend on skiing in Klosters, dinner at the Ritz or a hamper from Fortnum and Mason.

Oh, I don't know - you might get some bargains from Fortnum and Mason tomorrow...

House of Usher

Quote from: Steve Green on 26 March, 2011, 10:25:02 PM
Oh, I don't know - you might get some bargains from Fortnum and Mason tomorrow...

:lol:
STRIKE !!!

johnnystress

Quote from: Dandontdare on 26 March, 2011, 08:32:50 PM
On way home on a bus full of pissed up psych  nurses. A grand day out!

As pissed as they are make sure they wipe your bottom and give you your meds before they put you to bed

Emperor

Nxtgen's rap about the changes to the NHS:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl1jPqqTdNo

QuoteThe rapper, real name Sean Donnelly, has found himself a viral YouTube and Twitter celebrity after recording a track that certainly offers a "different sound". Eschewing the traditional hiphop themes of bling, booty and babes, Donnelly has recorded a caustic three-minute rap about the Department of Health's white paper "Equity and Excellence: Liberating the NHS", and dedicated it personally – highly personally, one might say – to the health minister himself.

"Andrew Lansley, greedy! Andrew Lansley, tosser!" runs the refrain, repeated throughout the song, over a sample taken from The House of the Rising Sun. "The NHS is not for sale, you grey-haired manky codger!" But if Donnelly is far from polite in his political protest, he has certainly done his research.

"So the budget of the PCTs, he wants to hand to the GPs / Oh please. Dumb geeks are gonna buy from any willing provider, / Get care from private companies."

Later, he offers a helpful parse of the white paper, saying Lansley's plans are that "we'll become more like the US / and care will be farmed out to private companies, / who will sell their service to the NHS via the GPs / who will have more to do with service purchase arrangements / than anything to do with seeing their patients."

He even riffs on the health secretary's expenses record, and – in what has a reasonable claim to be the unlikeliest rap lyric ever – on the controversial donation to Lansley's office by the chairman of a private health company. "He's been given cash / by John Nash / chairman of Care UK, / a private healthcare provider, / who, if they have their own way, / will be the biggest beneficiaries / of Conservative Lib-Dem policies / to privatise healthcare, pull apart the welfare state ..." It's some distance from 2 Live Crew's Me So Horny.

www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2011/mar/25/andrew-lansley-rap-mc-nxtgen
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+