Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Tankie

So, Cameron intervened to stop Wade being fired, did he?  Where'd you get that from, Fishy?  Not been hacking his 'phone have you?!!  Perhaps we should get the other lot back in, 'cos they were soooooo straight.  How many Labour MPs have been locked up for corruption, I'm begining to lose count!!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Zarjazzer on 05 July, 2011, 09:16:05 PM
I wonder if lots of other newspapers are looking on with a hint of dread. i suspect many may have been "at it".

It has been suggested that those messages were deleted to prevent rival publishers from getting them
You may quote me on that.

Peter Wolf

No surprise as its business as usual in the house of non-representative representatives and sellouts.

Murdoch is a member of the Council Of Foreign Relations as their publisher of propaganda.The picture of Murdoch in the link above looks like Davros.The problem with Murdoch is that he isnt dead.

Fascism - The merger of politics and corporations.Tell me i am wrong.....
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Robin Low

Quote from: Old Tankie on 05 July, 2011, 09:23:56 PMHow many Labour MPs have been locked up for corruption, I'm begining to lose count!!

About three.

Regards

Robin

Matt Timson

Pffft...

JayzusB.Christ

News of the World. Good bye, good riddance, fuck off, rot in hell.  :)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

GordonR

And hello, soon-to-be Sunday edition of the super soaraway Sun.

House of Usher

None of the guilty to be punished; opportunity to make some job cuts among journalistic and production staff at News International*.

* mind you, I'd feel quite guilty, not to mention dirty, about working for News International anyway
STRIKE !!!

Old Tankie

The Sunday Sun, eh!?  Yep, that's got a nice ring to it, that could well be a goer!!  I'm off down the road to place an advance order in anticipation.  It'll sit very nicely alongside my Sunday Times!!

The Legendary Shark

"Mr Murdoch said proceeds from the last edition would go to good causes."

"No advertisements will run in this weekend's paper - instead any advertising space will be donated to charities and good causes."

""While we may never be able to make up for distress that has been caused, the right thing to do is for every penny of the circulation revenue we receive this weekend to go to organisations that improve life in Britain and are devoted to treating others with dignity.""

More like a desperate attempt to make the Murdochs look like human beings instead of greedy hatemongers whose idea of a good time is boiling live kittens in snake venom whilst waiting for democracy to collapse.

Quotations taken from: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14070733
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Peter Wolf

New International is going downhill in terms of revenue of newspaper sales[filthy rags like the Sun and the NOW etc] and the online subscription service has been a disaster as there are not enough subscribers for it.

That should please all of you.

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 07 July, 2011, 06:53:27 PM

"No advertisements will run in this weekend's paper - instead any advertising space will be donated to charities and good causes."

""While we may never be able to make up for distress that has been caused, the right thing to do is for every penny of the circulation revenue we receive this weekend to go to organisations that improve life in Britain and are devoted to treating others with dignity.""

More like a desperate attempt to make the Murdochs look like human beings instead of greedy hatemongers whose idea of a good time is boiling live kittens in snake venom whilst waiting for democracy to collapse.

Quotations taken from: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14070733

A pathetic PR attempt to sweeten the public which involves giving to charity because they were forced to do so.I havent been following this at all so i cant comment on anything else.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Zarjazzer

A cynical move in which none of those actually responsible are held responsible only those who had little to do with it must suffer.

Just like the banking crisis.

I'm sure Murdoch's bid for BSKY B will eventually get through despite the furore. Rebecca Brooks knows where the bodies are buried and dear Rupert would never let her blab or else somebody might be going to jail.

It's also the act of a power mad loon. To show despite it all he's still in charge and is really calling the shots and everyone else can go hang. He'll tough it out because that's what he's done all his selfish rotten life.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

COMMANDO FORCES

Let's hope everyone get's rid of their SKY tv subscriptions!

House of Usher

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 07 July, 2011, 06:53:27 PM

I'd much rather see prison sentences for media executives than a lot of empty gesture public relations.
STRIKE !!!

JOE SOAP

or everyone boycotting all of Murdoch's papers.