Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 14 October, 2014, 07:41:07 AM
The Disposable Razor is surely the work of the Devil.

Unkempt face fungus is my means of protest at this failure to use efficient technology, not to mention a badge of my confident heterosexual maleness.  As the pic two posts up surely confirms.

Proudhuff

'Sright, built in obsolescence will be the undoing of the human race.
DDT did a job on me

Old Tankie

Nice to hear that the Minister for Welfare Reform thinks that people like me are not worth the minimum wage!  We're all in this together!!

Dark Jimbo

You can scrape one up and down the leg of an old pair of denim jeans to remove nicks, re-sharpen the blade and make it last for (potentially) months.
@jamesfeistdraws

The Legendary Shark

Nice tip, Jimbo, thanks - I must try that.
I heard about that too, Tankie. I can't say I'm shocked or surprised though, it's pretty much par for the course. We're all worthless these days - unless we're not, in which case we're priceless. Nice to know that the PM needs no lessons in how to care for the disabled, either. Nor, it seems, does he need any lessons in subtle spin. Now, all he needs is a soul and we might be in with a chance.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ZenArcade

That was one hateful comment from that lousy  prick. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

The Legendary Shark

I wouldn't call it hateful really - I think it's more a mixture of greed and ignorance - greegnorance?
It's also quite a sociopathic viewpoint, so maybe he's just mentally ill and needs help.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 15 October, 2014, 08:19:02 PM
I wouldn't call it hateful really - I think it's more a mixture of greed and ignorance - greegnorance?
It's also quite a sociopathic viewpoint, so maybe he's just mentally ill and needs help.

That's a generous reading, TLS!  How a Welfare ReformMinister could remain in his post after saying something as base as that...

ZenArcade

I wouldn't be surprised if he does stay (I obviously fervently hope he doesn't). The mask is slipping on these guys,; but they don't really seem to care anymore....it's like that line in Platoon, where one GI tersely quips to another that the NVA arent even waiting anymore for night fall before they attack, such is their pride, confidence and sureness of victory. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Theblazeuk

Quote from: sauchie outbreak on 13 October, 2014, 07:54:23 PM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 13 October, 2014, 07:38:33 PM
the clearly, provably disproportionate coverage of UKIP

If CFM's graph is accurate, UKIP have appeared around three times as often as the Green party, which is in line with the numbers of votes they attracted at the last general election:

Yet the parliamentary system is about seats, not votes, so if electoral coverage is based on anything, it should be on that.

Frank

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 16 October, 2014, 05:48:00 PM
the parliamentary system is about seats, not votes, so if electoral coverage is based on anything, it should be on that

Just because the electoral system doesn't reflect the opinions or will of the electorate, doesn't mean Question Time should make the same mistake.

Various sources project UKIP could win 15-25% of the popular vote at the 2015 general election; Labour managed just 29% at the 2010 general election - and could have held onto power in a coalition government with the Lib-Dems - yet there's absolutely no chance UKIP will win even half the number of seats as poor, old, lying hypocrite Gordon Brown managed.

I really hate UKIP and everything they stand for, but the bizarre disconnect between how people vote and the kind of government they get is one of the major reasons why folk are so disconnected and disaffected with politics. Reforming the system of representation would hand seats to arseholes like Farage, but the current system is also the reason why the Greens only have a single sitting MP.

Dandontdare

Quote from: TordelBack on 15 October, 2014, 08:53:53 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 15 October, 2014, 08:19:02 PM

That's a generous reading, TLS!  How a Welfare ReformMinister could remain in his post after saying something as base as that...

Remember this is the chap who said that it was "hard to know" why people used foodbanks and that's not his only form. When challenged that his vast wealth meant he could not understand the reality of life on benefits, he said "you don't have to be the corpse to go to the funeral"  ::)

Professor Bear

Well, to be fair, the Tories are really, really concerned about lazy freeloaders sponging off taxpayers.

Grugz

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html