Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Don't make me quote Gandalf at ya, 'Mumbler.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Old Tankie on 18 March, 2016, 10:37:04 PM
Trying to delete post! Life's too short.
Slave: I'm being oppressed.

Slave Driver: Source?!

Read this then go pile drive yourself into a concrete foundation.
http://www.centreforwelfarereform.org/library/type/pdfs/work-capability-assessment.html

And our man Jezza naturally has his two pence to say on IDS's general cuntishness.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/iain-duncan-smith-should-resign-over-disability-benefit-death-figures-says-jeremy-corbyn-10475017.html

Old Tankie

You really are a nice person aren't you?

Hawkmumbler

I've just never met someone so ingorant to the blatent corruption and evil this one man posesses, let alone has the audacity to defend the prick.

I don't mince words as far as unnesecary death is concerned (and in that regard I find Sharky's flippancy very distatsful, i'm afraid to say) nor should you.

Old Tankie

Where have I defended him?

The Legendary Shark

I wasn't being flippant.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 18 March, 2016, 11:06:09 PM
I wasn't being flippant.
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 18 March, 2016, 10:40:47 PM
So why sink to his level? People like him are a base level we must strive to rise above.

He will die one day. So will we all. From that perspective, we all "deserve" death - it's one of the things we all have in common. I for one don't want to spend the time between now and then in hatred.
THAT'S flippancy. Might not have been how you intended it to sound, but that's how it came off. IDS indirectly kill's a couple o' thousand people, but that's alright, they where going to die anyway, IDS will die eventually, no way should he be held accountable to he repercussions of his actions, nope not at all!

Old Tankie

Yes but where have I defended him?

Hawkmumbler

Poor wording on my part, Tanky me' lad, at no point have you proactively defended his views. But you've sure as hell not damned the scum either.

The Legendary Shark

Hawkie, there is a massive difference between holding someone to account and shooting them in the street.

If you think it's okay to murder IDS, then it must, by logical extension, be okay for IDS to kill others. Either murder is wrong or it isn't. Either every human being has rights or none do.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

You kind of forfeit your right to be treated like a rational human being when you withdraw 4000 people's benefits, from those who NEED THEM THE MOST, in order to line your own pockets.

And the shooting him in the street thing, a metaphor, a joke at his expense because fuck sake it's the least he bloody deserves. Because here's the thing Sharky, do you think the average disabled individual actually has the power over life and death over IDS? While he did over them?

Professor Bear

Someone who quoted the motto on the gates of Auschwitz as justification for hounding the disabled to their graves through sanctions is an odd one to do something on the basis of "conscience".  Something else is afoot, I reckon, and IDS is jumping before he gets pushed.

And I don't think shooting IDS in the street would really do any good in the long run.  You have to stake him through the heart and cut off his head if you want to be sure.

The Legendary Shark

Ah, it was just a joke. Right. I see.

As I've said many times before, the only power any government or minister has over us is the power we give them. If you vote, for anyone, then you are condoning this power. Even by voting for the "good" politicians, you are empowering them all - the good, the bad and the ugly. You can blame and scapegoat the IDSs of this world all you want but it doesn't change a thing.

If you accept masters, you accept subjugation - not only for yourself but for everyone else as well. If you accept others having power over you, you can't complain when that power - which you gave away - corrupts them. That level of power would corrupt you too - and me and everyone I know.

It's the power we should be blaming, not the frail and flawed human beings we allow to use it.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

Way to go and over simplify it Sharky.