Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Misanthrope

Anderson is in this film?
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

dweezil2

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 18 February, 2012, 04:20:16 PM
Anderson makes it to the end  :o ?

Um, err, I meant to the end of the Sked-way of course!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Gonk

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 18 February, 2012, 12:34:16 PM
Quote from: Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty) on 18 February, 2012, 01:32:25 AM
SHort INterview with Olivia Thirlby talking about Judge Anderson
Enjoy :)

She seems fairly positive about her DREDD experience. Goody.

Yes sounds as though she's pleased with the results. It sounds as if Judge Anderson has quite a substantial presence in the film and it's not all Dredd in the action scenes, so it's a good job Olivia Thirlby as Judge Anderson is pleasing to the eye, in contrast with Dredd's grim demeanour.
coming at a cinema near you soon

vzzbux

Having again watched 'The Chronicles of Riddick' last night, Karl Urban is definitely going to give good Dredd.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

The Sherman Kid

Seems like they have nailed the action ,provide good depth of characterisation with Anderson and a dark gritty tone that will appeal to many.
The dystopian future is also there and the cinematography ,given the production team on board ,will also no doubt be first class.
The big question remains over what will be the  'future vision ' itself.We have been promised that it will show the 'size and spectacle of Mega City', but so far have only seen near or contempary tech ,which, if it encompasses the whole film will be very disappointing.Hopefully the film is just set in a seedy sector, which is fine, so long as we do in fact see glimpses of the Mega City that we know.

A single image of Mega City would be great way to get a lot of people on board and create a buzz for the film.As other  posters have said it is perhaps the MAIN character to Dredd - so ..........

darnmarr

Personally, the ambulance and vehicles ( were they to be portrayed in the film as they have been seen in on set so far) wouldn't bother me, the crap out-dated van doesn't bother me, a 'less-than-mega-city-mega-city-one' doesn't bother me, all of this stuff is like the skin of an apple: perhaps nice , perhaps shiny, perhaps appealing but we Dredd aficionados have already been through the experience of biting into a shiny apple (various well-chosen stills of the Danny Cannon version would have pleased any ardent Dredd fan hoping to see his dreams on screen) and finding a worm in it, no...actually, finding half a worm in it... but what I'm after, this time round, is substance not surface, and Garland's script is good.
Publicity pics bedamned, trailer bedamned, I don't care if the apple we get is as ugly as a potato, because if this story is just simply well-told  that same apple will taste delicious.

COMMANDO FORCES

The only well chosen pics from the Danny twatting Cannon debacle that pleased the fans would probably have been the Angel Gang, the ABC warrior and the cityscape. Once the first pic of Stallone was revealed we all rolled our eyes and then plucked them out.

darnmarr

Film stills not well-done elements.

Michaelvk

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 19 February, 2012, 12:59:26 AM
The only well chosen pics from the Danny twatting Cannon debacle that pleased the fans would probably have been the Angel Gang, the ABC warrior and the cityscape. Once the first pic of Stallone was revealed we all rolled our eyes and then plucked them out.

Even I knew that, and this was before I became part of the 2000ad crowd..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 19 February, 2012, 12:59:26 AM

The angel gang imho were pretty nicely cast. looked the part, Pa looked good so did Junior, and Mean, link I cant remember so wont comment. Was fink in there too ?
Never rub another mans rhubarb

JOE SOAP

Electromud

I thought Fargo's long walk sequence was pretty awesome.
...the mask..the costume..the weapons..you know what I smell? I smell vigilante. And I don't like vigilantes!

Beaky Smoochies

I wholeheartedly agree, Fargo's 'long walk' sequence was truly epic and powerful, and gives you a glimpse into the film that Danny Cannon really wanted to make, had he been able to.  That sequence, plus the opening twenty minutes, and the final shot of Dredd atop his Lawmaster (such as it is) being the only things in that film that actually remotely qualify as a Judge Dredd film per se, and that amounts to about 22 minutes of an overall 96 minutes in total... which really says it all about that film!

But, for those with a pathological need to inflict pain upon oneself, here's the whole sorry mess in HD quality - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CNgHHjN-4k - I tried to sit through it and got no further than the trial sequence before I simply had to turn it off, which is the first time I've actually done that with this movie... and the great thing about that is I realised it's finally let go of me, it's finally flushed out of my system, I'm finally rid of it, I'M FREE, praise the Lord, I'M FINALLY FREE :D :D :D :D :D :D...!!!
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Danbo

Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 19 February, 2012, 04:34:37 AM
I wholeheartedly agree, Fargo's 'long walk' sequence was truly epic and powerful, and gives you a glimpse into the film that Danny Cannon really wanted to make, had he been able to.  That sequence, plus the opening twenty minutes, and the final shot of Dredd atop his Lawmaster (such as it is) being the only things in that film that actually remotely qualify as a Judge Dredd film per se, and that amounts to about 22 minutes of an overall 96 minutes in total... which really says it all about that film!

But, for those with a pathological need to inflict pain upon oneself, here's the whole sorry mess in HD quality - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CNgHHjN-4k - I tried to sit through it and got no further than the trial sequence before I simply had to turn it off, which is the first time I've actually done that with this movie... and the great thing about that is I realised it's finally let go of me, it's finally flushed out of my system, I'm finally rid of it, I'M FREE, praise the Lord, I'M FINALLY FREE :D :D :D :D :D :D...!!!
I know what you mean,just done the same thing with Star Wars,I was into that almost as much as Mr Commando is in to his 2000ad stuff,I have a room full........but no more will I blindly swallow Lucas's filth.
Part of the reason I tuned back into the Dreddverse.
Wheel of time helped ALOT too.

I'm going to be subscribing to 2000ad again soon as I move house.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Gonk

A bit harsh Beaky, though I mainly agree. I thought Rico was quite watchable as a villian even though he was not the 2000ad version.

When the new DREDD is out in September I doubt we will ever hear anything said again about the 1995 version. Like darnmarr I'm more into substance rather than surface and so I remain philosophical about the alleged low tech character of the ambulance and vehicles and lack of stock characters like Judge Death or Angel Gang.
coming at a cinema near you soon