Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

They've paid to use the IP - so it's a case of removing any sites that infringe on that. Just look at how strict the Olympics are regulated.

Shame they can't be a bit nicer about it though, but since it's a combination of marketing and legal, I'd not expect that any time soon.

shaolin_monkey

I guess it's a case of 'All your page are belong to us' eh?  Shame, but not surprising really.

Goaty

Interesting, my daft theory is this;

Dredd fan pages pulled as there could be official Dredd film website on way?

Official film website could happens when the trailer appears?

You could get new people to the website by the trailer? It could happens if you attaching a trailer to one of biggest films this summer?

Wow, THEY ARE COME, again! Silly theory again...

COMMANDO FORCES

Good job the film doesn't mention a cellar at any point  :thumbsup:

JOE SOAP

Does the Peach Trees Block have a cellar?

SmallBlueThing

Im just imagining the size of the "FUCK YOU!" subsequent military-carnage, were they to try to bring down the cellar... :o

SBT

JOE SOAP

The Tea-Time of Chaos

Steve Green

As part of the funding deal Pete Wells is also now property of IMGlobal after appearing as a block.

JOE SOAP

Pete Wells: corporate whore-bag.

chuffsteruk

Pete Wells

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 26 May, 2012, 03:30:40 PM
Pete Wells: corporate whore-bag.

Just a whore-bag, to be honest!

HunterZolomon

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 26 May, 2012, 01:20:33 PM
My one was just called 'Judge Dredd' but I used pics from the film, dredd 2012 has been taken down, and judge dredd 2012.

I am pretty certain it is because they are making their own, why else would they delete all these fan pages?

At first I just thought they wanted the username.

I don't know why they had to delete everyone elses fan pages though.

Yeah, it's a strange thing to do. Many movie sites offer fan-site material since they want people to make them. Free marketing. I don't understand why the people making Dredd would have a problem with that. Especially since it's probably got a limited marketing budget.

What I find even stranger, is that there isn't even an official teaser site for Dredd. Not even a simple image of his badge with a "coming in september" caption. There was also rumours about the director being shut out of post-production, so I think it's fair to say there has been problems. Let's just hope they've managed to pull through. Wagner's post is most certainly a good sign.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

I think its a bit off they way they pull these sites. A simple email explaining why would go a long way to improving relations instead of just cutting the fan pages dead and redirecting to an official one.

Isnt this called "lucasartsism" ?
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Steve Green

Lucasfilm seem to have a fairly good relationship with the fan community, judging by the costuming groups, fan films etc.

Same with Paramount and Trek.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Now yes but not so 15 years or so ago when anything fan based appeared on the net LA had a cease and decist on anything which looked like a Star Wars site which could be construde as either profiteering off the name or relaying information which wasnt to LA interests.

Never rub another mans rhubarb