Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bissler

Thanks for clearing that up Mark - it's my own fault for not keeping up with 2000AD/Megazine!  By all accounts the current Judge Dredd story is excellent while I'm stuck in the mire of the mid-90's Dredd with the current run of case files.

I wish to renew my plea to Rebellion - please get the next few case files out as soon as possible!  I'm looking forward to reading all the good stuff that followed after Mr Wagner returned to writing JD!

mogzilla

just one random question to molcher is there gonna be a comic adaptation either in the prog meg or as a seperate entitiy?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TordelBack on 10 June, 2012, 06:00:34 PM
However, it is possible that psychic abilities in the Dreddverse are a long-stranding part of the human genome, and are only occasionally expressed in a functional way in rare individuals.

PSI dept. was set up before the Atomic War of 2070 (see Origins) so it's possible Psionic ability is not considered a mutation as a result of radiation.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: mogzilla on 10 June, 2012, 06:52:07 PM
just one random question to molcher is there gonna be a comic adaptation either in the prog meg or as a seperate entitiy?

He's answered that previously, and the answer was no.

Danbo

I wish to renew my plea to Rebellion - please get the next few case files out as soon as possible!  I'm looking forward to reading all the good stuff that followed after Mr Wagner returned to writing JD!
[/quote]
This,i stopped reading about the Kraken clone story line,can't remember it's exact name..anyway,same as,case files catch  up but dying to read some of the newer stuff like this day of chaos wotsit.I'm just that far behind I'm lost?
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

mogzilla

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 10 June, 2012, 06:56:14 PM
Quote from: mogzilla on 10 June, 2012, 06:52:07 PM

He's answered that previously, and the answer was no.

shame

Stan

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 10 June, 2012, 06:54:28 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 10 June, 2012, 06:00:34 PM
However, it is possible that psychic abilities in the Dreddverse are a long-stranding part of the human genome, and are only occasionally expressed in a functional way in rare individuals.

PSI dept. was set up before the Atomic War of 2070 (see Origins) so it's possible Psionic ability is not considered a mutation as a result of radiation.

Good thinking, Batman. I was only re-reading that recently but the thought never occurred to me.

vzzbux

WOW. Three days worth of posts. That will teach me to stay off the internet and do real life stuff.
Poster is Frikking ARSOM., City scape is spot on. I always thought in the comic the city blocks were sometimes located too close together.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Steve Green

I doubt they have as much of a problem with inter-block wars in the film version...

Goaty

Quote from: vzzbux on 10 June, 2012, 08:17:52 PM
WOW. Three days worth of posts. That will teach me to stay off the internet and do real life stuff.
Poster is Frikking ARSOM., City scape is spot on. I always thought in the comic the city blocks were sometimes located too close together.

Maybe it early Mega-City as the population get grew, more new city blocks?

JOE SOAP

It's only one elevated shot of one small section of the city. That's not to say other parts of the city aren't more clustered.

Mike Carroll

Quote from: Mark Taylor on 10 June, 2012, 06:16:09 PM
It has. There was a story in the Meg not too long ago where Dredd goes to the cursed Earth to find a former female Judge, now working as a bounty hunter, who was kicked out of the MC-1 for having some borderline mutation. When Dredd picks her up she explicitly refers to the fact that Psis are mutants and Justice Deparment makes a specific exception for the Psi Judges. As it turns out [spoiler]Dredd is actually after her unborn child who has a good chance of being genetically normal and probably good Judge material.[/spoiler]

Oh, I remember that one...  :)

-- Mike

A.Cow

Quote from: Steve Green on 10 June, 2012, 04:51:09 PM
It's not like doubling the number of blocks would have made that much of a difference to the render time (and budget)

Yes, but the movie is set in the near future.  Showing a city in the early stages of change works well and also emphasises how different they are to normal skyscrapers.  Density can work against visual storytelling.

COMMANDO FORCES

What can you say after seeing the poster but :thumbsup: This is well crafted, as it caters to two markets perfectly.

The fans get a tease on Dredd with this dark menacing image in shadow. The helmet, the Lawgiver and the BADGE are all on display but not much else, apart from the left arm. The words say it all and this sets the right tone for the promotional push.

For the general movie goer it gives a look of a gritty action film. The helmet is damaged and the uniform on display looks well worn in. Dredd's name is on the poster and it tells you what he's gonna do and in what month. Caters for the larger market without being too precise on the date. Also the real D 3D will pull in lovers of the new format.

As far as I'm concerned this alone should have put anyones niggling worries to rest, as the poster is so Drokkin' atmospheric and shows that the team behind the film have a superb knowledge of the character.

Leigh S

Just going on the facts of the comic, each block holds 65,000 cits, so lets say 10,000 blocks to hold 650 million cits.  Spread that over 300 sectors, or 30 odd blocks per sector.....