Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

I assumed it was was some kind've light but it's hard to make out the detail.

And now I'm wondering if Anderson will have her Psi badge if they make another.

JOE SOAP

Why send the signal out to perps that she's PSI, it'd be more tactful to hide that talent.

clavell

Damn that look good ! :o

- C
Writing Future Shocks is hard !

Stan

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 18 July, 2012, 01:33:44 AM
Why send the signal out to perps that she's PSI, it'd be more tactful to hide that talent.

That actually crossed my mind when I saw the pic of her captured. I suppose it depends on how widely known it is why some judges are running around without helmets.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Never rub another mans rhubarb

Beaky Smoochies

Those new pics are just SO cool, this movie is going to give The Dark Knight Rises a run for it's money... and it would appear increasingly likely that it's simply impossible to take a bad shot of Olivia Thirlby, ANY shot, even exhausted and morose, she is still absolutely radiant; tough but vulnerable... she IS Anderson!
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

blackmocco

Quote from: Beaky Smoochies on 18 July, 2012, 02:05:26 AM
Those new pics are just SO cool, this movie is going to give The Dark Knight Rises a run for it's money... and it would appear increasingly likely that it's simply impossible to take a bad shot of Olivia Thirlby, ANY shot, even exhausted and morose, she is still absolutely radiant; tough but vulnerable... she IS Anderson!

Probably not box-office wise, I think it's safe to say.

Thirlby is, to use some northside Dublin verbage, a bleedin' ride. She's gorgeous from every angle in the movie and she's got the greatest eyebrows in Hollywood right now. At the screening in the flesh, she's even more stunning although she is absolutely tiny.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: blackmocco on 18 July, 2012, 02:27:38 AM
Probably not box-office wise, I think it's safe to say.

I probably should have specified it'll give TDKR a run for it's money in terms of overall CBM quality, there I've done it now, better late and all that...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Its still nearly two months till Dredd is released stateside, just wonder what else the marketeers have instore to keep the momentum and focus going.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

norse_sage

They better have something to bring in General audiences.
The campaign so far has been geared towards getting the US CBM crowd aboard, now that that seems to have worked, they need to to start focusing on the general audiences, those who wouldn't see the movie anyway.

If they fail in doing this, the movie won't open muh better than PWZ, which would mean no sequels.

CraveNoir

Goaty

IndigoPrime

Quote from: norse_sage on 18 July, 2012, 11:41:44 AMThey better have something to bring in General audiences. The campaign so far has been geared towards getting the US CBM crowd aboard, now that that seems to have worked, they need to to start focusing on the general audiences, those who wouldn't see the movie anyway.
To be fair, the massive buzz that happened at Comic-Con has led to mainstream coverage, in film mags and newspapers. It's not just comics geeks who are aware of Dredd now.

Goaty

Yep as film mags / sites with positive reviews are not just for comic geeks :)

JOE SOAP

Since the film's been reviewed by Variety and Empire, I'd say it's broken out of the ComiCon bubble.