Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darnmarr

Off-topic somewhat, but doesn't this make you smile?

Fisticuffs

It's awesome. But realistically it will drop once a few more reviews come in, although given the overall positive buzz I'm expecting about a 70% fresh rating, which isn't bad at all.

Goaty

Quote from: Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty) on 19 July, 2012, 03:57:59 PM
Rotten Tomatoes currently have DREDD at 100% in their movie "TOMATOMETER" 95% want to see it polled from some 3.650 votes.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/dredd_3d/

It's great! but just two months to go, wait and see... so those on youtube etc just trolls!

M.I.K.

Quote from: BOODA on 19 July, 2012, 03:56:46 PM
Quote from: SKD on 19 July, 2012, 02:01:28 PM
Quote from: SuperSurfer on 19 July, 2012, 01:08:00 PM
I always liked the (totally bonkers) concept that NYC was concreted over and then they started again with MC1.

I wonder if the idea of the undercity had come from Mary King's Close, a section of streets that was built over by Edinburgh's City Chamber on the Royal Mile. You can go on tours now of these underground 17th century streets. Old New York doesn't seem so bonkers after all. ;)
It would be great if somebody could ask John Wagner if Mary Kings Close was the inspiration...I've always thought there may be a connection. I've been down there and would recommend the tour to anyone visiting Edinburgh. Auld Reekie also had the tallest buildings in the world (at the time) - between 9 and 13 floors I think...so it had its blocks too!

I always assumed the idea of the undercity, (and Old New York in Futurama), was mostly influenced by Beneath The Planet of The Apes.

golledge100

QuoteIt would be great if somebody could ask John Wagner if Mary Kings Close was the inspiration...I've always thought there may be a connection.

I've read somewhere a long time ago that this was indeed the case. I can't remember where though. As for asking Wagner, there always his facebook page.

The Sherman Kid

There are anomalies though -Prog 2 Whitey holed up in the Empire State Building clearly well above ground , Judge Dredd werewolf saga including Times Square (just a couple of miles away), set  deep underground.

I know ,pedantic, I'll get my coat.... ;) :)

CraveNoir

Maybe part of the city fell down a hole. :)

Goaty

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 19 July, 2012, 08:42:21 PM
There are anomalies though -Prog 2 Whitey holed up in the Empire State Building clearly well above ground , Judge Dredd werewolf saga including Times Square (just a couple of miles away), set  deep underground.

Yeah, city been nuked over!

Steve Green

Buildings and landscapes are a bit more mobile in the 21st century see The white cliffs of Dover, and erm... Mount Rushmore...

Bubba Zebill

No, don't go, good observation, ...when the werewolf business was running in the progs I thought about that (if we are talking about the Steve Dillon illustrated story, presumably we are...) and I thought as the empire state is one of the largest buildings of the 20th century we could expect it would transcend both the undercity and mega city, poking through by many floors, into MC1. Whitey could conceivably be in the upper floors of a building thats base was in the undercity. We never see the empire state from its base in prog 2, so 30 floors could be pile-driving down into the world of troggies for all we know.

Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Frank

Quote from: Steve Green on 19 July, 2012, 09:05:44 PM

Buildings and landscapes are a bit more mobile in the 21st century see The white cliffs of Dover, and erm... Mount Rushmore...

The Statue of Liberty still seems to be animated by the orange goo from Ghostbusters 2, so often does she hot foot it to a different area of MC1. See also, the Statue of Judgement.

Steve Green

[spoiler]Whereas now the SoJ is spread over the whole city[/spoiler]

Misanthrope

See also: World Trade Centre being destroyed by Whitey's brother.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

MR. ELIMINATOR

Only 49 days to go!

The Sherman Kid

Just a thought -should the 2000AD logo be somewhere on the Dredd poster?

The more people who know the source the better  :thumbsup: