Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuffsteruk

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 04 August, 2012, 01:08:34 PM
Look like the Dutch coppers off the Fast Show

:D"I'm proud to say, he is also my lover"!!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: bikini kill on 04 August, 2012, 11:14:48 AM
To be fair, though, Versace's minions weren't pulling this stuff out of their arses.

I'm Versace had other things up there.

SmallBlueThing

To be fair to Versace and his crew, if you go to Gianni Versace and ask for a "heroic fascist cop", this is what you're going to get. He was a camp fashion designer producing catwalk clothes for a particular marketplace, and so massively out of his depth here. The only reason they went to him in the first place was so they could add his name to the credits, and gain a little kudos.

I quite like Versace's clothing (not that I could ever afford any of it- not even a bejewelled cockring) and understand his placing as high god of the fashion industry, but I would never have seriously expected him to come up with a practical Mega City Judge uniform in a million years.

SBT

dracula1

In the 80's, a vintage decade for camp, these curious designs would have been excellent PR for the soon to be released Stallone debacle.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 04 August, 2012, 01:22:00 PM
To be fair to Versace and his crew, if you go to Gianni Versace and ask for a "heroic fascist cop", this is what you're going to get.

I'm sure it wouldn't've been beyond him to design a variant of the leather-biker-cop uniform worn so prominently in Cruising.

Danbo

Quote from: chuffsteruk on 04 August, 2012, 01:12:29 PM
Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 04 August, 2012, 01:08:34 PM
Look like the Dutch coppers off the Fast Show

:D"I'm proud to say, he is also my lover"!!
Aye that's them lol.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

nicklarr

[spoiler]I wonder if there's a "I'm with Rowdy Yates block! Who you fighting with?" -moment in the movie?
I mean if Dredd somewhere cathes a whiff of the Slo-mo drug and fights it off in some spectacular way?  :lol:[/spoiler]

Glenn Broadway

I drove into Southampton city centre today and was greeted by a massive Dredd teaser poster near the translation/BBC building. Not sure if the link will work as I'm on an iOS-thingy...

Glenn Broadway

Glenn Broadway

And that was meant to say "train station" not "translation". BTW, it wasn't me holding the iPhone - my son was with me. "Quick, get a pic of that billboard!" "Why, Dad?" "JUST DO IT!"

Goaty

Fucking awesome!

Now who says they weren't do great PR campaign??

So it's in Southampton, would any spotters find anywhere of it?

The Sherman Kid

Need  too many a big 'Dredd' on there or too many will think militant Jahovah Witnesses are in town  :o :)

MattJW

So - these box office predictions at boxoffice.com.... how exactly do they work them out? Do they run an algorithm which analyses online 'buzz'? Or do they result from several chin-stroking debates amongst various journalistic film-school types?

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: MattJW on 05 August, 2012, 02:14:51 AM
So - these box office predictions at boxoffice.com.... how exactly do they work them out? Do they run an algorithm which analyses online 'buzz'? Or do they result from several chin-stroking debates amongst various journalistic film-school types?

The latter plus a Swedish Squid called Frankie who dips occasionally into two cauldrons and plucks balls from each. One cauldron is marked hit and the other miss. Its all pretty scientific and to make sure everything is above board its adjudicated by a chain smoking chimp called Peter.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

judgeblake

Quote from: Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty) on 05 August, 2012, 02:21:27 AM
Quote from: MattJW on 05 August, 2012, 02:14:51 AM

The latter plus a Swedish Squid called Frankie who dips occasionally into two cauldrons and plucks balls from each. One cauldron is marked hit and the other miss. Its all pretty scientific and to make sure everything is above board its adjudicated by a chain smoking chimp called Peter.

I thought Frankie was German! Plus; it's actually a board of chimps that adjudicate everything; Peter is just the chair.............chimp. :D