Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing

'when the judges rode their lawmasters in a line'?
"In a line"?

Tut tut mr forces, surely- surely- there's some more exacting terminology for it than that? "in a line"?

"Judge Dredd sir, the perps are getting away- travelling at 200kph down usain bolt skedway, off towards sector one thirty and kitty jung block. Shall we pursue?"

"yes cadet- but remember to ride your lawmasters in a line!"

Sheeeeeesh...

SBT

blackmocco

Quote from: Goaty on 15 August, 2012, 04:25:07 PM
Quote from: radiator on 15 August, 2012, 04:19:58 PM
It looks like the title of the movie appears in the credits as the modern comic logo, before shattering into the original classic Dredd logo in slow motion.

If so, that's frankly mind-blowingly cool, and pisses all over the 1995 movie's apologetic, feeble flickering pages of comic art from a great height.

Hope Blackmocco reply of which title intro in the film? if it like this one, would be glad!

The titles they show here are from the movie. I would also say bring your fucking headphones for the opening titles and make sure you're watching it in 3-D. I swear I felt like that dude from the trailer getting hit by the blast wave when they explode off the screen and kick you in the balls and stab you in the eyeballs. Fucking awesome! I wish I hadn't already seen it so I could see it for the first time again!!!

On another note, Dredd billboards and posters absolutely EVERYWHERE here in Los Angeles. Getting a very good feeling about it. For anyone who was worried this movie wouldn't be marketed properly, you can rest easy. Would assume the TV spots'll be starting real soon.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Steve Green

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 15 August, 2012, 05:06:31 PM
'when the judges rode their lawmasters in a line'?
"In a line"?

Tut tut mr forces, surely- surely- there's some more exacting terminology for it than that? "in a line"?

"Judge Dredd sir, the perps are getting away- travelling at 200kph down usain bolt skedway, off towards sector one thirty and kitty jung block. Shall we pursue?"

"yes cadet- but remember to ride your lawmasters in a line!"

Sheeeeeesh...

SBT

I think 'a sitting duck' was mentioned... they're not a motorcycle display team.

Keef Monkey

Anyone know yet if the 2000AD logo is incorporated into the opening? I'm thinking in the way Marvel or DC movies do, sorry if it's already been discussed (there are a lot of pages here)!

I noticed on the billboards I've seen that the logo isn't anywhere to be seen. Would be a shame if the movie did do well but wasn't promoting the 2000AD "brand" if you know what I mean.

COMMANDO FORCES

I was going to write abreast but I know what would have happened after I did and now will ::)

This was the only part of the trailer that (looks for correct word) 'irritated' me and the reason being about to mention plot stuff now, so don't look  :o

[spoiler]These are the corrupt Judges heading towards the block. Now I don't know if they have all set out from the same location or not, having not read the script but some twat elsewhere mentioned them and I couldn't avert my eyes quick enough! Even if they did,[/spoiler]

why on earth would you drive down the road like that, you are asking for trouble. Two abreast I can live with, like outriders on a motorcade but the Judges are not the White Helmet motorcycle team, as Steve has mentioned!

blackmocco

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 15 August, 2012, 05:52:29 PM
Anyone know yet if the 2000AD logo is incorporated into the opening? I'm thinking in the way Marvel or DC movies do, sorry if it's already been discussed (there are a lot of pages here)!

I noticed on the billboards I've seen that the logo isn't anywhere to be seen. Would be a shame if the movie did do well but wasn't promoting the 2000AD "brand" if you know what I mean.

There is no 2000AD logo, sadly. Marvel and DC are the name of actual companies though. 2000AD's just one part of Rebellion.

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

Fisticuffs

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 15 August, 2012, 05:55:08 PMwhy on earth would you drive down the road like that, you are asking for trouble. Two abreast I can live with, like outriders on a motorcade but the Judges are not the White Helmet motorcycle team, as Steve has mentioned!

You of all people should know that extended lineis best used to bring all available firepower to bear...  ;)

COMMANDO FORCES

There is a time and a place for extended line and that is the final attack! Those four Judges are not [spoiler]in their final attack on Dredd[/spoiler]

As an extra bit of info, if you are advancing towards the enemy you can use the following formations (depending on terrain) Arrowhead, Diamond, File, Single File, etc...

Stu101

Fucking awesome! I wish I hadn't already seen it so I could see it for the first time again!!!

So blackmocco you'll be queuing to watch for a second time on the 21st then? Still excited I bet?

Stu101

"Fucking awesome! I wish I hadn't already seen it so I could see it for the first time again!!!"

That was supposed to be shown as blackmocco's quote...

Regarding billboards, I'm off to Bristol on Sunday, hopefully see some there.

blackmocco

Quote from: Stu101 on 15 August, 2012, 07:04:15 PM
Fucking awesome! I wish I hadn't already seen it so I could see it for the first time again!!!

So blackmocco you'll be queuing to watch for a second time on the 21st then? Still excited I bet?

Oh fuck yes. There'll be an army of Family Guy staff there as well if I've anything to do with it...!

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

JOE SOAP

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 15 August, 2012, 04:59:45 PM
Modern sorta techno (kids still call it that?) with 70's 'John Carpenter' synths over the top.reminded me off a harder Daft Punk.
Cool stuff.

Doesn't sound like it's from the film but from the promo.

Danbo

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

blackmocco

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 15 August, 2012, 08:15:27 PM
Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 15 August, 2012, 04:59:45 PM
Modern sorta techno (kids still call it that?) with 70's 'John Carpenter' synths over the top.reminded me off a harder Daft Punk.
Cool stuff.

Doesn't sound like it's from the film but from the promo.

Could be from the movie but can't really say for sure. It's certainly very similar in style. I remember it being far more aggressive.

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

Spikes

Quote from: CraveNoir on 15 August, 2012, 01:29:05 PM
McMahon Block is reflected in the Hall of Justice building.

Nice.

And great new clips/interviews.
Not long now!